ss city of milwaukee coming weekend

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
cabinboy1a

Re: ss city of milwaukee coming weekend

Unread post by cabinboy1a »

Hey Bob. Got the e-mail. Thanks. Got my reservation in the other day. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Will be in Friday evening. Be good.
MilwBob

Unread post by MilwBob »

cabinboy1a wrote:Thanks again to Linda, Bob and the whole City of Milwaukee crew. The weekend was great(albeit a bit warm). Our many marine enthusiasts were there and the stories flowed freely. We had a great engine room tour, hosted by Mike and the drone demonstration was very interesting. Hope to see all in 2019.
Ken, sent you an email on this years event. (It's on.) If you didn't get it email me at ss43bob/at/msn.com
cabinboy1a

Thanks again to Linda, Bob and the whole City of Milwaukee crew. The weekend was great(albeit a bit warm). Our many marine enthusiasts were there and the stories flowed freely. We had a great engine room tour, hosted by Mike and the drone demonstration was very interesting. Hope to see all in 2019.
cabinboy1a

Thanks Bob. You too? I will be the one with the bells on.
MilwBob

Unread post by MilwBob »

cabinboy1a wrote:Made my reservations for the Mariner's Weekend. Will have about what we had last year. Noticed our pic on the event page. Cool and thanks. See you in August.
Looking forward to seeing you!
cabinboy1a

Made my reservations for the Mariner's Weekend. Will have about what we had last year. Noticed our pic on the event page. Cool and thanks. See you in August.
cabinboy1a

Hey Bob. Glad to hear the event is on again. I may be able to make it, but my father probably not. He had a major health setback earlier this year. So if things go well and I can break free, I will call and get a reservation. We are glad he was able to get there last year. You just never know. Thanks for the invite. Will be in touch.
MilwBob

Unread post by MilwBob »

cabinboy1 wrote:My father and I, with our assortment of photos, videos and etc, attended the gathering at the CITY that weekend. We stayed 2 nights. We had a great time. The crowd was light but boat nerding ran deep. Linda and her crew were most accommodating. The boat is beautiful and the mattresses comfortable. We made new acquaintances and hope they do it again next year. Manistee is a nice destination. Thanks
We will be having an event again Saturday August 4. We hope you can make it again!
cabinboy1

Unread post by cabinboy1 »

My father and I, with our assortment of photos, videos and etc, attended the gathering at the CITY that weekend. We stayed 2 nights. We had a great time. The crowd was light but boat nerding ran deep. Linda and her crew were most accommodating. The boat is beautiful and the mattresses comfortable. We made new acquaintances and hope they do it again next year. Manistee is a nice destination. Thanks
MilwBob

Unread post by MilwBob »

badger wrote:how many people do they expect to attend? or is it not worth attending? some of these events are just pipe dreams
It's an open house, whoever wants to come can come. It's our first attempt at something like this, so we're not going to set a 'mark' as to how many to expect. It's 'worth' is a matter of opinion I guess. We'll give it a try to see how it goes, if we do it again we'll use this year as a base to make any changes for future events.
badger

ss city of milwaukee coming weekend

Unread post by badger »

how many people do they expect to attend? or is it not worth attending? some of these events are just pipe dreams