Port Huron Web Cam

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
ashland69

Re: Port Huron Web Cam

Unread post by ashland69 »

Bookworm wrote:I see you expressed the same frustration in an August post. There has been no change in the quality of the image since then, and no one has offered a solution to the problem. It used to be a good site and as the only one with that view, it is unfortunate we can't follow ship movement through the upper St. Clair River with more clarity.
I emailed them a couple times and they said they had their system checked out and it's fine. I asked if they had a glass or plastic shield in front of the lens to protect it from the weather, but I don't recall they're sending me a reply or agreeing with me. I still think they have a shield in front of the lens and it's warping the view just enough to be blurry. Has anyone looked into setting up another cam like what's at Dossin's on Belle Isle? Location would be very important, though. I personally would like to be able to see up into the Lake and down toward the oil docks and be able to follow the traffic throughout that stretch. Just a thot.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

They should talk to Dennis O'Hara here in Duluth. He operates the duluthharborcam.com site. Maybe he'd have some pointers on how to fix the problems.
cpfan

Unread post by cpfan »

Looks kind of blurry to me. Here's the link that I used (in case there's a better one out there).
http://www.boatnerd.com/livecam/porthuron/

Steve
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

I see you expressed the same frustration in an August post. There has been no change in the quality of the image since then, and no one has offered a solution to the problem. It used to be a good site and as the only one with that view, it is unfortunate we can't follow ship movement through the upper St. Clair River with more clarity.
ashland69

Port Huron Web Cam

Unread post by ashland69 »

When I visit the Port Huron Web Cam, I get a blurry image. Everything is fuzzy. Anyone else find the web cam out-of-focus on their computers? Acheson Ventures say that their system and settings are just fine and the image is clear as a bell on their end, but not me. I'm using Chrome with Windows 7 one computer and Chrome and Windows 10 on another machine and both machines are connected to the internet wirelessly. Both blurry. Might I be lacking some software on my end? It's quite annoying, really! Any thots or suggestions?