Happy Birthday Denny!

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
MarcE

Re: Happy Birthday Denny!

Unread post by MarcE »

Hey Denny. Its not a problem. I actually dont drive much anymore either, wife drives me, but trust me, ill drive to the river.
I know you have unspoken medical issues, me too, but us two old men are gonna chase some boats!
Im really looking forward to it Denny!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

So Marc you say that you're moving to Lapeer then at the end of the this year? Lapeer then isn't too far away from me but still I would have to drive up to I-69 and then go across to the West to get to Lapeer and other than driving up to the St. Clair River that is the only long distance driving that I can do since I don't drive much as far as long distance mostly just local around my local area at least. I'll make trips over to Rochester but that's about as far as I go at least to the West.
MarcE

Unread post by MarcE »

Denny wrote:Sounds great Marc as I’ll be looking forward to meeting you up on the river in 2020 sometime. Hopefully we have some nice decent weather without a ton of rain like we had this Spring. Wow as 106 is warmer than us here but at least you have the drier heat without the humidity and high dew point readings and numbers that we are currently having. Here in Detroit area it got into the 80s but with the humidity and the dew points it felt much worse. Relief is on the way tonight and next week is looking and shaping up to be much better. I’m planning on going full blast and throttle next week on the river. I want more than one trip so badly next week as I’ve only done one trip a week and only been up there five times so far. I’m still below my 2018 season total of 10 but I know at some point this year I’ll pass that mark and total. Stay Cool!
Hey that sounds great! Im looking forward to it.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Sounds great Marc as I’ll be looking forward to meeting you up on the river in 2020 sometime. Hopefully we have some nice decent weather without a ton of rain like we had this Spring. Wow as 106 is warmer than us here but at least you have the drier heat without the humidity and high dew point readings and numbers that we are currently having. Here in Detroit area it got into the 80s but with the humidity and the dew points it felt much worse. Relief is on the way tonight and next week is looking and shaping up to be much better. I’m planning on going full blast and throttle next week on the river. I want more than one trip so badly next week as I’ve only done one trip a week and only been up there five times so far. I’m still below my 2018 season total of 10 but I know at some point this year I’ll pass that mark and total. Stay Cool!
MarcE

Unread post by MarcE »

Its only going to be 106 degrees today here in Buckeye, AZ.
Next month ill catch up to you in age Denny. Getting old!
Im finally moving back to Lapeer at the end of this year and i hope to meet up with you at the river next spring to chase boats with you if you want.
Email me sometime. marc83071at hotmail.com.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well garbear at least one for two isn't bad as far as beating you out by a week sorry to say that my friend. As for years, yeah you are right there as indeed you beat me there as I'm still in my 40s yet but at times you wouldn't think that as my body tells me other than that at times but at least my mind fortunately is still here so far although it does get off track sometimes. Thanks again for the nice comments and well wishes garbear and everyone else as well. Hope everyone is surviving this dangerous heat and humidity also as relief is soon on its way thank goodness. My poor AC is working on overtime this week and it'll just seem good to have the windows and the doors open again to let in some fresh air. Even my pet cat can't wait to have the doors and windows opened up again soon!
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

You beat me by a week Denny, but I beat you in yrs.
MarcE

Unread post by MarcE »

Happy Birthday Denny!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Howard and everyone else much appreciated. However I am and won't be spending this birthday and year unfortunately up on the river as I had planned at least since last year and beyond due to extreme heat and humidity as that is definitely NOT nor has it ever been my thing. Don't mean to be rude but if anyone did not know that by now then now you know period! I am not a person that enjoys heat and excess humidity and thank goodness that I am not sitting in the ER today as yesterday I about killed myself outside watering flowers for over an hour in that excess heat! I did not know and think we were going to get hit with any rain along with storms later in the day as things in my area are drying up very badly. Sorry to go off topic here. As for the river stuff, it is unfortunate that this week due to heat and humidity I was shut out meaning NO river trips whatsoever this week. However, next week that is going to change period! I am no longer listening to any news and weather reports as after this week I am so mad and also ticked off and peed off with those stupid jerks and clowns that next week its back to boatnerding 101 at the river and Old School as I like to call it. Also next week, I plan on going to the river not once and not twice but count them at least three times. Also it seems that many boatnerds have forgotten about my themes for this year meaning Spring Hunger, Summer Fury and Autumn Thunder huh? Well Spring Hunger was a nightmare and a disaster along with a disgrace and embarrassment due to all the rain thank you that we had in May and June. As for Summer Fury? That has already begun this month and will stay in place until Labor Day when it officially ends and my favorite of the three themes "Autumn Thunder then takes over!" After last year's horrible Fall with early coolness I hope this year's edition of Autumn Thunder returns to the 2017 days to where I was setting and breaking unimaginable records and hope to do it again this fall. Summer Fury though I have also added a few more words to it mainly Summer Fury and Rage as next week I plan to unleash my full fury on the river next week so look out and stand aside one and all as next week I'll be back out there with a vengeance after missing all of this week out there.
Howard Sprague

Happy Birthday Denny!

Unread post by Howard Sprague »

I would like to take this opportunity to wish our friend and fellow boatnerd Denny a very happy birthday! I hope you have a great day at the river, my friend, and get lots of salutes. It's only a shame that Captain Bobby and the big PRT won't be down there on the river for you today, but may you get another salute from them soon! You take care my friend, and let's all say 3 Long and 2 Short for Captain Denny!