The Palace of Auburn Hills

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Denny

Re: The Palace of Auburn Hills

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Garbear as I watched and really enjoyed the video. A lot of history in that building just sad to see it torn down and the fact that not much could be done for its future and use. The Palace although built in 1989, wasn’t really an old building IMO anyway. I think it just goes with the times now with all the four major Detroit sports team moving back to downtown Detroit like it was years ago. The city of Detroit is trying to do everything it can to lure and get people and business to Detroit and a win for the city but a loss for the suburbs as now they are lost and don’t have any type of major sport venues anymore. The Silverdome is no more either as they tore that down and now I’ve heard where Amazon may put up some type of building or like a warehouse or something at some point on the property.
garbear

Re: The Palace of Auburn Hills

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:Saw on the Detroit news today that the Palace of Auburn Hills today was demolished and torn down. The Palace was once home to the Detroit Pistons from 1989 until just a few short years ago when they moved to downtown Detroit into the then new LCA or Little Caesar’s Arena with the Detroit Red Wings. The Pistons won three titles in basketball at the Palace back to back in both 1989 and 1990 and again in 2004. It has had other noteworthy events besides basketball of course as there was some hockey, wrestling and many concerts and other shows as well.
Here's the video and news story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEtRKxxtgtk
Denny

The Palace of Auburn Hills

Unread post by Denny »

Saw on the Detroit news today that the Palace of Auburn Hills today was demolished and torn down. The Palace was once home to the Detroit Pistons from 1989 until just a few short years ago when they moved to downtown Detroit into the then new LCA or Little Caesar’s Arena with the Detroit Red Wings. The Pistons won three titles in basketball at the Palace back to back in both 1989 and 1990 and again in 2004. It has had other noteworthy events besides basketball of course as there was some hockey, wrestling and many concerts and other shows as well.