Roger Blough

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
badger

Re: Roger Blough

Unread post by badger »

were you aware that the techumseh has no stern anchor whatsoever and apparently it is legal
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

"I'm not sure about the Tecumseh incident as I'm not sure what Canadian agency would investigate it and what the regulations are concerning the release of that report to the public.
The Transportation Safety Board of Canada is investigating the Tecumseh incident. Their website says the investigation is still ongoing and no report has been released. Normally their reports are available to the public on their website

https://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-repo ... index.html

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:We got some information on the St Clair but Tecumseh and Roger Blough nothing. I'm about to the point of "who cares".

I'm not sure about the Tecumseh incident as I'm not sure what Canadian agency would investigate it and what the regulations are concerning the release of that report to the public. In the case of the Roger Blough, the NTSB will likely conduct an investigation and that will be released as was done in the St. Clair fire. These things take time and with there being no injuries or loss of life in the Blough fire it will likely be several months before anything concrete comes to light and I would expect that to occur sometime late this fall. In the meantime, GLF has no responsibility whatsoever to release any information concerning damages or eventual disposition of the ship. As all of the damage was contained on their own vessel in combination with the before-mentioned fact that there were no human casualties the company is also under no public pressure to release any information. At this point, perhaps, the less news the better as it does not sound like the fire on the Blough spread throughout the ship in the same way that on the St. Clair.

Unread post by Guest »

We got some information on the St Clair but Tecumseh and Roger Blough nothing. I'm about to the point of "who cares".

Unread post by Guest »

rktompsett wrote:Anybody know the latest as to the MV Roger Blough? $20m fire damage seems distant for scraping.
Whenever it becomes public knowledge you'll know. That's if GLF wants the public to know,
rktompsett

Roger Blough

Unread post by rktompsett »

Anybody know the latest as to the MV Roger Blough? $20m fire damage seems distant for scraping.