GLT Tugs

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Scott Best

Re: GLT Tugs

Unread post by Scott Best »

Hi Pete, I can't answer your question about the painting of the G tugs, but speaking of the G tugs in Green Bay, last Friday they must have been working on them, perhaps getting them fired up for the first time this season and doing maintenance? I drove over Walnut St about 1:30 Friday afternoon and smoke was billowing from the Texas or Indiana or both.
John Coenen

Re: GLT Tugs

Unread post by John Coenen »

Get a closer look at those Towing Co tugs. If there's a guy aboard that resembles your grandfather, he would be Capt. Leil Osell. I believe he's run those tugs for 30 years and has been a Capt for close to 50 years! About 2 years ago, someone published a great photo of him working in Milwaukee.
Pete

GLT Tugs

Unread post by Pete »

This past weekend while I was walleye fishing I drifted by the 2 G-tugs in Green Bay. My question is are the port tugs only painted on a rotateing bases,these tugs here were really something to marvel to see when spiffed up. Thanks Pete