Light House oil painting Doris Sampmpson

Open to discussion on all lighthouses from the Great Lakes and beyond.
tark9m

Re: Light House oil painting Doris Sampmpson

Unread post by tark9m »

Good Luck, please let me know what you find out.
dansdman

Unread post by dansdman »

Thanks for the reply. I did go to the site you recommended. There appears to be no original art work available on the site. Maybe I found a treasure!. I've contacted Doris by email to get her response. Maybe there's a museum or a lighthouse collector that may be interested? I will try and figure out how to shrink the picture if anyone wants to see it. I'm from the Toledo area but the painting is in Tucson. There's only one light house here and it's at the Putt-Putt golf course.
tark9m

Unread post by tark9m »

If you are looking for information on the artist check out Star of The North Studio.

The light, more commonly called the Duluth North Breakwater Light was completed in April of 1910. It stands 37 feet tall and has a fifth order fresnel lens. It is still an active aid to navigation today.

Let me know if you need more info.
dansdman

Light House oil painting Doris Sampmpson

Unread post by dansdman »

I figure a group who discusses light houses might be able to render a little bit more information regarding a recent oil painting I purchased. It depicts a lighthouse that I was told was the North Pier Light house Duluth Minn. Can anyone tell me more? It's an original oil painting signed Doris Sampson 77' Thanks Tried to submit pic but it says files too big.