Wave Washed Lighthouses

Open to discussion on all lighthouses from the Great Lakes and beyond.
tugboat1947

Re: Wave Washed Lighthouses

Unread post by tugboat1947 »

I visited Crisp Point years ago. The wave and ice over the years had washed the beach to the point that the lighthouse was leaning over looked like the leaning tower of Pizza. I understand the group working on the site has rectified the situation. If you ever get a chance to drive all the way back into the swamp the drive is totally worth. Found some ool stons at the mouth of the river
middlerouge

Unread post by middlerouge »

Guest wrote:Spectacle Reef in Lake Huron was designed to be a wave-washed structure similar to Minots Ledge. However, the decision was made to leave the construction crib in place after its completion. The construction crib was subsequently reinforced on a number of occasions and stand firm as part of the station to this day.
in its original form ( pre- bombing practice target ) would waguoshance point be classified as a wave washed lighthouse

Unread post by guest »

there are some, but generally covered in ice

Unread post by Guest »

Spectacle Reef in Lake Huron was designed to be a wave-washed structure similar to Minots Ledge. However, the decision was made to leave the construction crib in place after its completion. The construction crib was subsequently reinforced on a number of occasions and stand firm as part of the station to this day.
MikeCDN

Wave Washed Lighthouses

Unread post by MikeCDN »

I am just curious to know if there are any wave washed lighthouses on the great lakes. I haven't seen any on the Canadian side.

M.