Return to Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Online
Discussion Boards
Please click to visit our sponsor
It is currently June 28, 2017, 10:42 am

FAQ | Instructions | Help
Search for:

Post subject: Re: Paper Ship Models
Unread postPosted: February 6, 2017, 9:37 am 
Yes, lots of patience, but the results will be remarkable. Put white Elmers glue in a puddle on a folded paper towel and apply with a toothpick. Clamp small tabs and pieces to hold with ladies' smooth hair clamps. Light pressured ones. Use the best straight bladed scissors you can find. I used hair cutting scissors. Use a good exacto-knife and have spare blades. Practice scoring and folding the cardstock on a discarded piece. I haven't built the Badger, but I just finished the Cliffs Victory which took 20 hours. The Fitz took 18 and the Schoonmaker 19 hours.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Paper Ship Models
Unread postPosted: December 29, 2016, 5:20 pm 

Hi,
If it's one of those paper models that comes in a large white envelope I put one together last winter, although of a different ship. All I needed was a sharp hobby knife, some glue, and a ruler. Also lots and lots of patience.
Jeff

Report this post
 Post subject: Paper Ship Models
Unread postPosted: October 25, 2016, 2:52 pm 
I have received a paper model of the car ferry Badger. I have never built a paper model and was wondering if anyone has any experiences or hints to share on building this kit? Thanks for any replies!

Report this post