My First Art Project of "The International"

Discussion forum for Model Builders. Static models to R/C.

Re: My First Art Project of "The International"

Unread post by Guest »

My question (tongue in cheek) has to be; Since this was a model and built to scale, did you use a true to scale paint brush? That would add a little time to the project.
Farmall Doctor

Unread post by Farmall Doctor »

Thanks, Fellas! :)

Unread post by Guest »

Looks good to me. I used to see the International a lot when we visited my grandparents in Marquette. You can call this project a success.
Paul A

Unread post by Paul A »

I think that looks great. Nice job!
Farmall Doctor

My First Art Project of "The International"

Unread post by Farmall Doctor »

Hello Folks! I Just finished an art project to hang in my farm tractor repair shop.. The SS. International! All hand painted by me, and cut out of a single sheet of 3/4" plywood... a very tedious project, but I am happy with how it turned out. (I'm a mechanic.. not an artist haha) I decided to go with a front 3/4 view so that I could have the bow large enough to show the detail I wanted and not have it 15 feet long.. haha. I used one of the photos that you folks shared with me and used an overhead projector to lay it out, then went to the kitchen table to paint the details. I felt like Bob Ross mixing the paints to get the colors I wanted to show shading in order to give contrast between the levels and such.
Hope you like it. Cheers!
Darryn Shabley
Ontario Canada
The International Cutout.jpg
The International Cutout2.jpg
The International Cutout3.jpg
The International Cutout4.jpg