"G" Tug Ohio

Discussion forum for Model Builders. Static models to R/C.
mcnearney

Re: "G" Tug Ohio

Unread post by mcnearney »

tark9m I am also trying to build a model of the Ohio. I am about half way through it but need some more detail. The reason that I am building it is because my father was one of the first Captains on her when GLT bought her and remodeled her in to the L.C. Turner. In fact the small square holes in the white weather protectors just below the pilot house I remember he told me had those put so he could have a better view of the dock when docking. That was in the late 50s. My email is [email protected]. Thank you.
tark9m

Unread post by tark9m »

I have a pretty extensive collection of photos of Ohio from last shipping season. It may take me a bit to find the detail shots, but let me know if you need anything specific.
bluewavecaptain

Unread post by bluewavecaptain »

I stumbled across her name "M.F.D.S. No. 15" on Google.com. I managed to bring her up on Bowling Green's vessel database under that name. Now I just need to find out if they have blueprints. The hull is the major concern. I'm sure I can build the "Ohio" deckhouse and such from pictures of the boat.
tark9m

Unread post by tark9m »

The Tug Ohio is the former City of Milwaukee Fire-boat "Engine 15".
Engine 15 was built in 1906.

Not sure if that will help lead you to anything, but hope it helps.
bluewavecaptain

"G" Tug Ohio

Unread post by bluewavecaptain »

I'm looking for blueprints or scale drawings of the Great Lakes Towing tug, Ohio. The current one, not the 71 ft version. Looking to build a R/C model of her. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Charlesc