Return to Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Online
Discussion Boards
Please click to visit our sponsor
It is currently February 20, 2018, 12:36 pm

FAQ | Instructions | Help
Search for:

Post subject: Re: John Sherwin Propeller
Unread postPosted: February 1, 2012, 3:44 am 

Kevin, Research the schools in your area and see if there is a tech/trade school that teaches CNC machining - they may be willing to take on such a task as a class project. I know that some of the tech schools in my area perform "class projects" like this and charge only the cost of materials. Good Luck

Report this post
 Post subject: John Sherwin Propeller
Unread postPosted: October 9, 2011, 12:20 pm 
I recently found an old wooden model of the Interlake Steamship Company vessel John Sherwin (2) at a thrift store, and I am in the process of restoring it since it is quite damaged. The propeller was one of the many items missing from the vessel when I found the model. I've been doing some digging around online, but I have yet to find a place that sells the correct size of the six bladed propeller that the ship had. The model is unfortunately quite small at 3' 8" in length (or approximately 1:194 scale), and the smallest six bladed propeller I have found is 40mm in diameter, almost twice the size i need. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that sells smaller six bladed propellers or possibly custom makes propellers. The model is not motorized (it is solid oak, quite heavy for a model of its size), so the propeller would be attached directly to the vessel. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Report this post