Laker in San Francisco

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
scottie

Re: Laker in San Francisco

Unread post by scottie »

middlerouge wrote:
scottie wrote:It might have been the Rt. Hon. Paul E. Martin which has hauled aggregates from various BC locations to the San Fransisco area in the past few years. I believe that its not a laker but maybe a panamax.
Is this the Panamax trillium vessel? She was in Brownsville unloading around that time.
That's the one so if it was in Brownsville it wasn't the one viewed in San Fran.
middlerouge

Unread post by middlerouge »

scottie wrote:It might have been the Rt. Hon. Paul E. Martin which has hauled aggregates from various BC locations to the San Fransisco area in the past few years. I believe that its not a laker but maybe a panamax.
Is this the Panamax trillium vessel? She was in Brownsville unloading around that time.
PaulBeesley

Unread post by PaulBeesley »

Thanks, all.

I could not determine colour due to distance and location of the sun.

I could, however, clearly make out the CSL stack.

Interesting to see one there.

Paul
tugboat1947

Unread post by tugboat1947 »

Go to csl web page and get a complete listing of the fleet pretty impressive
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

What color was its hull? If it was red then indeed it would have been the Atlantic Superior. A black hull would then indicate it would have been either the CSL Tecumseh or Rt. Hon. Paul E. Martin or another of their ships. If you can remember the hull color that might help to identify the ship you saw at that time anyway.
cpfan

Unread post by cpfan »

According to Marine Traffic, Atlantic Superior was at Redwood City on June 13-14.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/det ... f30a6a1c42

Steve
Wawatam

Unread post by Wawatam »

PaulBeesley wrote:About 10 days ago I spotted what appeared from great distance to be a CSL self-unloader anchored in San Francisco Bay.
CSL Tecumseh also makes runs along the California coast and was recently in the Port of Redwood City located in South San Francisco Bay according to Marinetraffic.com

Tecumseh is a self unloading bulk carrier and would certainly look like a Laker from a distance.
scottie

Unread post by scottie »

It might have been the Rt. Hon. Paul E. Martin which has hauled aggregates from various BC locations to the San Fransisco area in the past few years. I believe that its not a laker but maybe a panamax.
middlerouge

Unread post by middlerouge »

Atlantic superior went west last year and I think it makes regular stops there.
PaulBeesley

Laker in San Francisco

Unread post by PaulBeesley »

About 10 days ago I spotted what appeared from great distance to be a CSL self-unloader anchored in San Francisco Bay. Unfortunately I could not get close enough, nor was my telephoto strong enough, to get an accurate appraisal of this ship.

Does anyone know of any way to check this?

Thanks
Paul