St. Clair River (2016/10/31)

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Bookworm

Re: St. Clair River (2016/10/31)

Unread post by Bookworm »

Thank you Garbear. I think they look like a Mesabi Miner fan club and cheering squad!
garbear

Re: St. Clair River (2016/10/31)

Unread post by garbear »

Bookworm-I love that photo of yours with the Mesabi Miner coming out of the fog. Add the geese and seagulls and they make it that much better. Great photo!!
Bookworm

St. Clair River (2016/10/31)

Unread post by Bookworm »

Seems this year is moving faster than any I've experienced in my life. Most of us will go to sleep in October and wake up in November -- already!
Attachments
Around 09:00, the deep tones of a fog horn caught my attention and I headed to the river, where I waited several minutes for Mesabi Miner to slowly emerge from the thick cover.
Around 09:00, the deep tones of a fog horn caught my attention and I headed to the river, where I waited several minutes for Mesabi Miner to slowly emerge from the thick cover.
Once out of the fog it appeared she'd have clear sailing to Silver Bay.
Once out of the fog it appeared she'd have clear sailing to Silver Bay.
Algoma Harvester in ballast to Thunder Bay.
Algoma Harvester in ballast to Thunder Bay.
Tug Leonard M was a silhouette moving down river to Detroit.
Tug Leonard M was a silhouette moving down river to Detroit.
At the same time, Cason J. Callaway was pushing a nice bow wake, in ballast to  Stoneport.
At the same time, Cason J. Callaway was pushing a nice bow wake, in ballast to Stoneport.
Tug Defiance and barge Ashtabula up-bound to Charlevoix.
Tug Defiance and barge Ashtabula up-bound to Charlevoix.
Under the Bluewater Bridges and out onto Lake Huron.
Under the Bluewater Bridges and out onto Lake Huron.