Congar (3) ex-Imperial London

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
basketcase

Re: Congar (3) ex-Imperial London

Unread post by basketcase »

she was such a mess when she left toronto. what a shame.
kamco

Unread post by kamco »

Yes it did see limited use.There was a picture either in McKeils office or on a brochure with a cylinder of some type on the deck.
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

Two names, 1 boat. Toronto (I believe) 1995.
Attachments
Congar2.jpg
Congar.jpg
basketcase

Unread post by basketcase »

kamco wrote:Congar became part of the McKeil fleet but I do not know the date.I looked over the ship as a barge in Hamilton in 2001-2 and the barge was broken up shortly after.
i know she was barged, did not know she was part of mckeil. did she actually see use?

Unread post by Guest »

Never realized the Congar sat around for so long before dismantling. Guess that explains why I couldn't find any information on it in the Ahoy & Farewell II book!
kamco

Unread post by kamco »

Congar became part of the McKeil fleet but I do not know the date.I looked over the ship as a barge in Hamilton in 2001-2 and the barge was broken up shortly after.

Congar (3) ex-Imperial London

Unread post by Guest »

Does anyone know of the final disposition of the tanker Congar (3)? This is the ex-Imperial London that sailed for Johnstone Shipping fleet in the early 1980s. I have read it laid up in 1981 and that Johnstone went bankrupt the following year, but can find no final disposition for this vessel.