Oakglen

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
garbear

Re: Oakglen

Unread post by garbear »

Bruno wrote:She's bound for Calumet Harbour, most likely Iron Ore.
There are no steel mills in Calumet Harbor. Mills in that area are long gone. She's at Iroquois Landing at the mouth of the Calumet River.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

She's bound for Calumet Harbour, most likely Iron Ore.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I've been following the Oakglen since she was upbound on the St. Lawrence River several days ago. She had a Chicago destination on AIS and this evening she's just North of Chicago. Originally I thought maybe she was going to South Chicago to load grain, but there's a saltie at the Nidera elevator. Also, she's due here in Duluth Monday night to load pellets at CN. If she's carrying a cargo would anyone have an idea of what she's hauling? Seeing she's gearless she has to go to a dock with a crane(s). Thanks for any info.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

[quote="Guest"]She left Quebec City lay-up this afternoon for Duluth.[/quote

Thanks, Guest. Might even have to make the short drive to the CN ore docks to see her once she arrives.

Unread post by Guest »

She left Quebec City lay-up this afternoon for Duluth.
garbear

Oakglen

Unread post by garbear »

Just looking at the updated boat schedule and I see next Thurs. April 6th the Oakglen is due here in Duluth to load pellets at the CN ore dock in West Duluth. Seeing several infrequent visitors in the Twin Ports/North Shore.