CSL Tadoussac and season plans?

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: CSL Tadoussac and season plans?

Unread post by Guest »

The Pineglen may be only 32, but the Algostream (Simcoe) and (Canadian Harvester) Rimouski were 30-years old when they were sold for scrap.
Don_Detloff

Unread post by Don_Detloff »

Pineglen at Port Huron - June 20, 2011.
Attachments
djd-pineglen-20110620.jpg
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Wow what an excellent and beautful photo of the Pineglen that you were lucky and able to get Bookworm. Excellent photo with just the perfect lighting and sky background. What I wouldn't have given to have been there with you to see and photograph her as she was coming downbound. Oh well like I said earlier in my post, at least I got to see her a few times and also got to see her going upbound which is better than not seeing her at all. Sad to see her go though.
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

My last and best photo of Pineglen on the St. Clair River.
Attachments
Pineglen 2016-09-17.jpg
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Okay so that sort of answers a question or two I would have then about the Pineglen and her future. Does anyone know or heard as to when and where she will be scrapped at? I assume that she will probably be scrapped in Turkey at some point just wonder when? Thanks in advance for any information anyone may have on her. Sad to see her go to scrap though as I never once got to see her downbound in the red hull color she has now! I got to see her at least going up several times in red but never once did I get to see her coming downbound. Oh well it is what it is at least I got to see her in the red hull several times so that counts and better than not seeing her at all as to how I look it at. Farewell Pineglen and also a hearty 3 Long and 2 Short and fair winds and smooth sailings!

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The Pineglen is finished goin to scrap
Wow ! Shes only 32 !

Unread post by Guest »

The Pineglen is finished goin to scrap

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:CSL has removed the winches from the pineglen and installed them on the Ferbec.
Yes, Pineglen will be going for scrap.

Unread post by Guest »

CSL has removed the winches from the pineglen and installed them on the Ferbec.
Denny

CSL Tadoussac and season plans?

Unread post by Denny »

I've noticed now that CSL just about has all of their vessels now out and running for 2017 except for the CSL Tadoussac along with the Pineglen. The Salarium just departed from their lay-up dock in Montreal about a week ago to begin their season. I would guess the Pineglen might be out this fall sometime to do a few trips and runs sort of like she did last year. I guess the jury is still out as far as the future of the CSL Tadoussac since she one again remains in lay-up at Thunder Bay with no plans to sail her for this season at least. Just wonder if and when CSL plans to try and have her sail again perhaps next season sometime? I would also have to say that she may be due for her 5 year first before she sails again that is. I know we've talked plenty and many times about the Tad but can anyone shed some more light on her and the plans maybe with her? Thanks in advance and sorry again to go off topic and subject.