Celebrating Denny's Birthday in the Rain!

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Denny

Re: Celebrating Denny's Birthday in the Rain!

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks for your kind words and thoughtfulness and comments to me Howard as I appreciate and value them very much. As for the stories and my Port Reports, they may be on hold for a while after my Mom has her surgery this week? The Doc doesn't want her to do much of anything for about the next 12 weeks believe it or not! So, I will have to do about all of the shopping and most everything until she is well enough to do some things on her own once again. Sure do hope that I don't ever have to go through what she is now going through as far as back issues and surgery! It definitely is No fun that is for sure. Glad that you enjoyed reading my stories and please make sure that you and anyone that reads this story as well to read the Seagull one and include any and all comments on that as well. The Seagull story is truly a classic story and one that will leave you laughing like crazy. Someday I will have another one about the Seagull story that is even better than the first one was.
Howard Sprague

Unread post by Howard Sprague »

Denny,

I have been enjoying your stories immensely and think they are all quite good. I look forward to their return and hope your mom's surgery goes well. You take care my friend! I also appreciate the port reports you do as your dedication is unmatched!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Just letting you all know that yesterday morning, I had sent in two additional stories for you from the 1995 series however and for some reason they did not get put up here on the Discussion Board? The titles I chose was one where I had my picture and photo for our local newspaper on a Fitzgerald story that I had written years ago and also about a trip to the Soo that my folks and I made back in 1991 where we were stopped on the Mack Bridge. Sorry to say but unless they got the stories and will put them up eventually I do not have the time to re-write those two stories now. With my Mom going in for back surgery next weekend and being laid-up after for a good 3 months, I am afraid that I will have to suspend my stories until either Fall or Winter. Thanks all for your support and for your comments as well.
Denny

Celebrating Denny's Birthday in the Rain!

Unread post by Denny »

Well friends it has been a while I know since I've done a few of my stories for you so, I've decided to try and start up the storylines once again and hopefully try to finish out the 1995 season of my stories for you. I hope that you all have enjoyed the stories as well as I have in writing and telling them to you. However, I don't know how much more of them I will be able to write as next weekend my Mom will be going in to have back surgery done and will not be able to do much for the next 3 months which means I will have to do everything for her. I will leave the details for you all to figure out but hopefully you get the point. So, without further adieu here is the next story for you as we continue with the 1995 season of my stories. We had rain on the Engineer's Day at the Soo for the 1995 festivities and rain on the 4th of July fireworks show as well which had to be cancelled and postponed. Surely it couldn't get any worse right? Wrong are you boatnerds! It sure enough did as on July 5th as I was celebrating my birthday at the Soo with my folks along with my good and dear friends the McNeil family which were also vacationing at the Soo, Mother Nature decided to "crash my birthday party!" So what happened? Yeah you guessed it as once again it rained and came down in sheets, buckets and cats and dogs on my birthday yet! However, we had already made plans to celebrate my birthday with the McNeil family so we were not about to let a little bit of rain ruin the plans and my birthday. So how did we celebrate and where you ask? Simple, we ate Pizza outside and underneath a tent while it rained and poured and the Old Man sorry to say that one, just kept on snoring at the 'Ole saying goes! In over 40 years on God's Green Earth, I've celebrated my big day and birthday in some weird and strange ways you can say and in 1996 history repeated itself with rain but, I'll save that story for when I do my 1996 series. For now though, enjoy this story all.