Photo Collection

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Darryl

Re: Photo Collection

Unread post by Darryl »

I enjoy photos of this era and at some point I hope to get some of mine out here. I have photos of the sailors and dock workers, also. That photo of the Clarke in the floating drydock, that's got to be on the rare side.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

a couple more.
Attachments
Unloading at Norh Dock, South Works, South Chicago.
Unloading at Norh Dock, South Works, South Chicago.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

a couple more.
Attachments
This is for "Guest in Toledo." I'm the guy on the left. Add about 46 years and you've got me.
This is for "Guest in Toledo." I'm the guy on the left. Add about 46 years and you've got me.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I'll get this right some day.
Attachments
Canadian Vickers shipyard, Montreal after we ran aground near Clayton, NY
Canadian Vickers shipyard, Montreal after we ran aground near Clayton, NY
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Try to post a few more
Attachments
1974. About a year before she went down
1974. About a year before she went down
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I'll go out of sequence with my photos. This one was in a stack with some other photos.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

My Dad was done sailing in 1945 after he was discharged from the U. S. Maritime Service. I wasn't born until 1952. It was my Dad who got me interested in boat watching and wanting to sail. Probably, along with my 9 years on the ore boats, I've been at it for 55 of my 65 years.
Darryl

Unread post by Darryl »

Garbear, Did your father and you ever sail on the same boat? I know at the Inland Fleet there were father and son on the same boat at the same time. D
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

The photo of when I think my Dad was on the L. E. Block, I don't know if he took the photo or if it was given to him. There's nothing on the back of the photo to say who the gentlemen were.
Greenshirt

Unread post by Greenshirt »

garbear wrote:For some reason I'm having no luck today.

You have to give the site some time, it doesn't update and show the posts right away
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Sorry for two Voorhees photos.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

For some reason I'm having no luck today.
Attachments
img006.jpg
Enders M. Voorhees, 1942
Enders M. Voorhees, 1942
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

garbear wrote:I'll try a few more. These were photos from when my Dad sailed.
Guess I have to try again.
Attachments
img005.jpg
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I'll try a few more. These were photos from when my Dad sailed.
Attachments
Taken in Lackawanna, NY. Two of the boats my Dad was on were the Saucon and Steelton.
Taken in Lackawanna, NY. Two of the boats my Dad was on were the Saucon and Steelton.
Think this was when my Dad was on the L.E. Block.
Think this was when my Dad was on the L.E. Block.
Enders M. Voorhees. I think she had just come out of the yard when this photo was taken.
Enders M. Voorhees. I think she had just come out of the yard when this photo was taken.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I'll try a few more. These were photos from when my Dad sailed.
shipwatcher Barry

Unread post by shipwatcher Barry »

The Epson V550 scanner is a very nice unit and is easy to work with although I am only working on slides right now. It does have capabilities to do prints and negatives. I always use "professional mode" with "dust removal selected. From there after scan is completed I will do a colour restoration if fading is apparent. Good luck Gearbear and have fun.

Unread post by Guest »

garbear wrote:See if I can get this to work.

Garbear,

I would be greatly interested in lending any hand of technical assistance to help with getting these out of a box and online for the world to see. At any time if you need to: [email protected]
A J

Unread post by A J »

I'd say it's a success Garbear! Nice to see that classic boat! Please keep posting more pictures.

Thanks,

Alex
hugh3

Unread post by hugh3 »

One down and 2999 to go - you can do it and we are looking forward to it.............
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

garbear wrote:See if I can get this to work.
From time to time I'll post some of my favorite photos. I just wanted to see if I could use my scanner. My daughter and son-in-law were in town and got it set up for me. Next time I'll start with some photos of from the early 70's and work my way up.