Joseph L. Block

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
JFB

Re: Joseph L. Block

Unread post by JFB »

Cliff's has decided to clean up the remaining 150,000 tons in the Empire Mine stockpile before the end of the shipping season. I don;t know for sure if the Block's load was the first of these shipments.
pcolachap

Unread post by pcolachap »

Hello Rod, could you email me at [email protected] concerning your great picture of the Joe Block in Marquette, please.
Thanks so very much. Mike Garvey Pensacola, FL
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Excellent and great photo of the Block Rod. I've always admired you and your photos. You mentioned once to me that we met at the Soo but unfortunately my memory is not quite as good as it used to be so if you say that we met once, I'm sure we must have. Don't recall ever seeing you on the St. Clair River but I'm sure you been there also at times when I've been as well. Again great photo of the Block and thanks for sharing that photo with us. Keep up the good job as well!
rburdick27

Unread post by rburdick27 »

Joseph L. Block at the LS&I ore dock, Marquette (9/9/2017)
Attachments
jlb9917dk_rb.jpg
rburdick27

Unread post by rburdick27 »

What year did Joseph L. Block last LOAD in Marquette?
Chris M

Unread post by Chris M »

Ray Sheldon

Unread post by Guest »

Any one know who the Captain is of the Block?

Unread post by Guest »

garbear wrote:Just was looking at AIS and I see after unloading stone here in the Twin Ports the Block is heading to Marquette to load. I don't recall seeing the Block load there at all this season and I don't think I've seen any ore shipped out of Marquette this season go to Lake Michigan. It will be interesting to see her unloading destination.
She's loading for Indiana Harbor.

Unread post by Guest »

its going to burns harbor to unload the marquette load
garbear

Joseph L. Block

Unread post by garbear »

Just was looking at AIS and I see after unloading stone here in the Twin Ports the Block is heading to Marquette to load. I don't recall seeing the Block load there at all this season and I don't think I've seen any ore shipped out of Marquette this season go to Lake Michigan. It will be interesting to see her unloading destination.