Indiana Harbor derelicts

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
jzcleve

Re: Indiana Harbor derelicts

Unread post by jzcleve »

The bigger tug in the picture is probably the ex Kristen Lee Hannah, Great Lakes Tugs& Workboats lists it as renamed David E. then resold in 2010 to a private party and laid up at Indiana Harbor.
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

Tax records show it is a 13.37 acre parcel owned by Anunnaki Enterprises LTD out of Big Pine Key, Florida. Previous owners include ASF-Keystone and Kemiron Great Lakes Inc. At some point it was part of the 33 acres to the southeast, which is a railroad supplier.

The location where American Marine Constructors laid up equipment is called American Terminals.
Attachments
IndianaHarbor.jpg
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

American Marine Constructors out of Benton Harbor used to lay up equipment near there (to the right in your photo). But I assume they were just renting dock space. No idea who owns that property.

http://www.boatnerd.com/pictures/tug/im ... -th-pg.jpg
William Lafferty

Indiana Harbor derelicts

Unread post by William Lafferty »

A floating scrapyard occupied the east bank of the Indiana Harbor Canal between Canal Street and Dickey Avenue. I'm pretty sure the large tug is the venerable Peggy D. Hannah and I'm certain the small tug between the two barges is the Grand Haven (which has floated, literally and figuratively, around the Chicago area for over forty years). I have no idea what is ahead of it. Does anybody know what the vessel at the left is with the short length but wide beam? Also, I have a suspicion that the crane barge may actually be the old sandsucker Gilbert that was cut down to a barge by Vincent Figliuzzi in the early 1960s and disappeared in the late 1970s. Looking at this site in Google maps reveals a few more interesting vessels on land, including one that may be an old American Ship Building workboat and perhaps a fish tug. Bing Maps, incidentally, shows those floating vessels have apparently been removed. Anybody know anything about these vessels and this site?
Attachments
Indiana Harbor.png