Looking for HC Jackson photo with christmas trees

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
William Lafferty

Re: Looking for HC Jackson photo with christmas trees

Unread post by William Lafferty »

I agree, I have purchased several press photographs that appear to have come from the Plain Dealer's archives over the years.
Yes. It appears Historic Images of Memphis purchased their photo morgue. I've bought quite a few images from them dating from about 1920-1940, but I note they list CPL photos from the 60s into the 80s on eBay.
NMGL

Unread post by NMGL »

Thank you. I am trying to get the photos through their for fee service.

Unread post by Guest »

William Lafferty wrote:This may be the closest, from the Cleveland Plain Dealer, 4 December 1970, p. 17. I doubt the Plain Dealer has kept photographs that old, but you never know.
I agree, I have purchased several press photographs that appear to have come from the Plain Dealer's archives over the years.
William Lafferty

Unread post by William Lafferty »

This may be the closest, from the Cleveland Plain Dealer, 4 December 1970, p. 17. I doubt the Plain Dealer has kept photographs that old, but you never know.
Attachments
HC Jackson 4Dec70 CPD 17.png
HC Jackson 4Dec70 CPD 17.png (95.63 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
NMGL

Looking for HC Jackson photo with christmas trees

Unread post by NMGL »

I am looking for a photo of christmas trees being off loaded from the Hebert C. Jackson in 1970. The Christmas trees were donated by Pickands Mather (among others) to the nation to serve as the 57 trees on the National Mall as part of the national holiday celebration. I cannot believe that no one got a picture of this. Please help.