American Integrity

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
orangeshirt

Re: American Integrity

Unread post by orangeshirt »

was at C&O #2 for engine repairs. left this morning.
greenshirt

Unread post by greenshirt »

Duluthian wrote:I see that the American Integrity has been in Toledo since November 15th. Anyone know why she's been in port so long?
From the looks of it via AIS, she's sitting at the same pier as the Manistee is being stored. As fas as I've known it, thats basically a maintenance dock, so she's not there for offloading, unless its some interesting cargo.

Unread post by Guest »

Duluthian wrote:I see that the American Integrity has been in Toledo since November 15th. Anyone know why she's been in port so long?
She has some kind of mechanical issues. On her downbound trip she could only make 9 mph on Lake Huron and used the tug Wyoming to help her into Recors Pt.

Unread post by Guest »

Main engine repairs. Should be back underway Wednesday.
toledoboatphotographer

Unread post by toledoboatphotographer »

She is in temporary layup for repairs.
Chris M

Unread post by Chris M »

Repairs to one of her main engines
Duluthian

Unread post by Duluthian »

I see that the American Integrity has been in Toledo since November 15th. Anyone know why she's been in port so long?
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Andrew wrote:Superior's channel is almost twice the width of the Duluth piers. It's a pretty tight fit for a footer making the turn and coming up Barker's Island though, but I think it is easier than coming through the Duluth piers. Geez though.. I remember days not so long ago when I would stand at the foot of the lift bridge and not see the top and they'd come right through! Seems like they are getting more cautious as technology gets better! I think one time the Alpena came it and you couldn't see the whole thing at once.

Also curious why the Spruceglen is still in port. Supposedly she was taking a fog delay but there's no fog anymore.
Spruceglen is still loading. Called the bridge at 4:45 Duluth time and told them he'd be leaving the ore dock at 5 pm.
Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Superior's channel is almost twice the width of the Duluth piers. It's a pretty tight fit for a footer making the turn and coming up Barker's Island though, but I think it is easier than coming through the Duluth piers. Geez though... I remember days not so long ago when I would stand at the foot of the lift bridge and not see the top and they'd come right through! Seems like they are getting more cautious as technology gets better! I think one time the Alpena came it and you couldn't see the whole thing at once.

Also curious why the Spruceglen is still in port. Supposedly she was taking a fog delay but there's no fog anymore.

American Integrity

Unread post by Guest »

It looks like the American Integrity had a last minute change due to the fog. She will now be entering through the Superior entry instead of Duluth. My questions is, is the fog that much better in Superior or is that an better entrance in reduced visibility? Thanks.