Algoma Niagara

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Algoma Niagara

Unread post by Guest »

They're heading for Hamilton:

ALGOMA NIAGARA - 11/1052 depart Superior/Cargill Elevator in Thunder Bay, Ontario destination Hamilton, Ontario ETA 14/0300
to unload grain.
Dave O

Unread post by Dave O »

Issues today December 2 at 1500 hours EST off Long Point Lake Erie. Turned about around 1530 hours and headed back to Port Colborne.

Unread post by Guest »

It was reported earlier they were having 'tunnel problems'. Anyone know what they were and if they've been resolved ? I've noticed their unloading times have been quite long. TIA

Unread post by Guest »

Why did they stop in Conneaut on the way to Toledo ?
toledoboatphotographer

Unread post by toledoboatphotographer »

The Algoma Niagara arrived early Wednesday morning at the CSX Coal Docks at Toledo, Ohio to load coal. This is her second trip to Toledo since she started sailing on the Great Lakes.

Unread post by Guest »

Arrived in Toledo today at 2:19am
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Guest wrote:
Judie wrote:Headed into Conneaut, OH @ 1147
Do they still load coal in Conneaut ?
Haven't noticed this yr. if they are loading coal anymore in Conneaut, but it's possible they could be loading pellets at the ore dock. I know a lot of ore was shipped out of Conneaut last year.

Unread post by Guest »

Judie wrote:Headed into Conneaut, OH @ 1147
Do they still load coal in Conneaut ?
Judie

Unread post by Judie »

Headed into Conneaut, OH @ 1147
Judie

Unread post by Judie »

Has left Hamilton.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks guys as I appreciate all of the information along with the updates and reports. Bummer as that sort of shoots down the idea now of me seeing her in 2017 as I had high hopes of seeing her but now I guess apparently those hopes will have to wait until next year in 2018. As I mentioned before in my earlier post that this can be a good thing for me to with her sistership the Algoma Sault due in here by next Spring. At some point next season we should also see and have the Algoma Innovator I would think as well to look out for as well. At least I will have plenty of new Algoma vessels to be on the look out for in 2018! Thanks again for the updates here.
toledoboatphotographer

Unread post by toledoboatphotographer »

The Algoma Niagara is making a return visit to Toledo to load coal. She is on the CSX Dock tape and her arrival is scheduled for Tuesday morning 28 November 17. Most likely her arrival time will change once she gets in the Welland Canal.

Unread post by Guest »

I was just down at pier 11. The boom is still raised up to the storage building and they're riding quite high.

Unread post by Guest »

They're still at pier 11W more than a day after arriving and their next port is still listed as unknown. I wonder if those rumoured 'tunnel' problems in TB were true.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

From the Marine Traffic website, they arrived on November 25th at 8:25 a.m. and they had an ETA at 9:00 A.M. on November 25th for the Port of Hamilton's website so it appears from all of that then that they are close to being on time for their arrivals. Anyone have any ideas or guess as to how long it would take for them to unload that grain cargo and where they're headed next? Would very much appreciate any information and to add to it, any ETAs or times are also very much appreciated. This may be my last and final week for 2017 of shipwatching on the St. Clair River and would like to see her up on the river somehow and someway if I can though and any help and information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote:They are due in Hamilton with grain from Thunder Bay to unload at Pier 11 West on November 25th at 8 A.M. according to the Port of Hamilton website. At 1:45 p.m. on November 24th they are about to enter the Welland Canal downbound at the Port Colborne entrance.
Updated to 4:45am arrival
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

They are due in Hamilton with grain from Thunder Bay to unload at Pier 11 West on November 25th at 8 A.M. according to the Port of Hamilton website. At 1:45 p.m. on November 24th they are about to enter the Welland Canal downbound at the Port Colborne entrance.
Judie

Unread post by Judie »

About to enter Lake St Clair @ 2058
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Nope, latest update is they are due on November 25th at 7:15 a.m. with a grain cargo for Pier 11 West from Thunder Bay this is from the Port of Hamilton website.

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote:To update on an earlier post that I had sent into boatnerd today on the Algoma Niagara, as of 11 A.M. on November 23rd they are off of Port Austin at the tip of the thumb of Michigan and not sure if they could be st anchor or not? They were diwnbound in Lake Huron during the morning hours earlier but have now turned and are off of Port Austin as I type this now. Hope all of this information helps out.

That was probably a course to stay in the lee of the Michigan shoreline and avoid west winds.