Has the dry docking began for the CSL Tadoussac

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
guest TB

Re: Has the dry docking began for the CSL Tadoussac

Unread post by guest TB »

Answers to the yards ownership can be found on Helddle Marine web page
Lakeport

Unread post by Lakeport »

Denny wrote:Okay so for record purposes can someone please give me the name of the shipyard that the CSL Tadoussac is in? I've gotten numerous names of this shipyard and drydock over the years as it has changed names more times than I can count! So, if anyone can please tell me the exact name of the shipyard and not sure if I go by Heddle Marine Shipyard and Drydock or something else for that matter I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your help.

I wish I could help you with that Denny. There hasn't been anything in the news really or any signage put up. Not sure if Fabmar Metals and Marine is involved or who even owns Fabmar anymore. Been a rumor mill around the Thunder Bay area lately. I have heard so many things I don't want to say anything that would be wrong. I will post it if anything comes up to confirm it. If anyone else on here knows I'm sure they will help answer your question.
Lakeport

On the news page it says for inspection and possible return to service. At least it's in the dry dock. Time will tell now.
ZenithBoatWatcher

Unread post by ZenithBoatWatcher »

Guest wrote:So are they fitting Tadoussac out this fall or getting her ready for spring?
From what it sounds like, yes it seems so!

Unread post by Guest »

So are they fitting Tadoussac out this fall or getting her ready for spring?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Okay so for record purposes can someone please give me the name of the shipyard that the CSL Tadoussac is in? I've gotten numerous names of this shipyard and drydock over the years as it has changed names more times than I can count! So, if anyone can please tell me the exact name of the shipyard and not sure if I go by Heddle Marine Shipyard and Drydock or something else for that matter I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Lakeport

It's going in the hole as I type. Arrived at the yard approx. 10am.
Shipwatcher1

Unread post by Shipwatcher1 »

I take it this has not happened? Has there been any activity at all at or near the boat?

Unread post by Guest »

New Guy Rick wrote:When did the Tad go into long-term layup?
Layup page (http://boatnerd.com/layup/layup16-17.htm) says 17 jan 2015

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
CSL took delivery of 4 new self-unloaders in 2012. Combine that with lower cargo volumes industry-wide and some vessels become surplus until volumes increase.
Sorry, I thought you said 'why' did she enter long-term layup. She started her layup on Jan. 17, 2015 so thus far she's sat out 3 seasons.

Unread post by Guest »

CSL took delivery of 4 new self-unloaders in 2012. Combine that with lower cargo volumes industry-wide and some vessels become surplus until volumes increase.
New Guy Rick

Unread post by New Guy Rick »

When did the Tad go into long-term layup?

Unread post by guest »

CSL has called a deck crew for Dec 09 for the move.

Unread post by Guest »

We heard today that csl are bringing the Taddosac out next spring she will be going to dry dock in Thunder Bay to get ready to fit out

Unread post by guest »

Nothing happening yet. Believe it when it happens. There is many rumors flying around Thunder Bay regarding the old Shipyard.

Unread post by Guest »

A.K.A. THE Tatteredsac !!

Unread post by Guest »

And another question, what extra traffic did CSL secure to warrant bringing out the Tad ?
toledoboatphotographer

Has the dry docking began for the CSL Tadoussac

Unread post by toledoboatphotographer »

Are there any updates as to what is happening with the CSL Tadoussac? Has she been dry docked yet?