Tragic death

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Denny

Re: Tragic death

Unread post by Denny »

Saw the CSL Tadoussac downbound today on the St. Clair River and as was reported in this week’s boatnerd news, indeed the CSL flag was lowered to half mast in respect to the lost crewman aboard Spruceglen this week. My heart still goes out to that seaman along with his family and friends and fellow shipmates and other CSL employees along with workers. A very sad and tragic event and a very difficult week as well. Let’s all keep this seaman’s thoughts and prayers this week for him and his family and CSL workers and always remember to think Safety First as that is my motto every time I travel. God Bless that worker and his family, friend and co-workers!
Denny

Re: Tragic death

Unread post by Denny »

Very tragic and sad indeed Ed. My thoughts and prayers indeed do go out to that man’s family and also the Seaway workers at Eisenhower. Such a horrible tragedy for that poor man and so young yet as well. Definitely will be praying for his family and friends and the workers who jumped in to try and save him. Although such a horrible tradgedy the workers that tried to save the man should be considered heroes though as they risked their own lives today to try to save that of another one. Indeed a sad and unfortunate tragedy. Thanks for sharing with us.
ed

Tragic death

Unread post by ed »

Let's all pray for his family.

A Canadian man is dead after he fell off the dock while tying off a freighter outside Eisenhower Locks near Massena early Tuesday morning.

State police say 57 year old Alfred Eshun from Quebec lost his balance and slipped off a dock after being lowered onto it off the side of the bulk carrier Spruceglen around 12:30 a.m.

He was found in the water face down and unresponsive about three minutes later.

Two St. Lawrence Seaway employees went into the water to help. Both men were treated for possible hypothermia at Massena Memorial Hospital.