Michigan/Great Lakes

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Michigan/Great Lakes

Unread post by Guest »

I think they go home?

Unread post by Guest »

When they are moored for several days or longer does the crew stay on and get paid or do they go home and wait?
William Lafferty

Unread post by William Lafferty »

Green Bay did lose the pipeline, but US Oil has a large holding capacity there, well over 1.5 million barrels. Rogers City's capacity is 72000 barrels, practically the capacity of the Great Lakes. The Cheboygan capacity is 162000 barrels. I suspect the tug and barge head back to Green Bay to load from the storage tanks which are supplied now by rail and truck. I assume US Oil at Green Bay will receive waterborne deliveries from Canada this year as in the past.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

This is off subject but, does anyone know when the tug Albert and their barge Margaret will be departing lay-up in Milwaukee? They also load at Green Bay and have been to Cheboygan before. The Albert and barge Margaret have been in Milwaukee since January I think it is for lay-up?

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Opposite. They load in Green Bay.
I thought Green Bay lost their pipeline connection when the West Shore Pipe Line shut down their line north of Milwaukee in 2016?
Jon Paul

Unread post by Jon Paul »

They are currently in Cheboygan at the US Oil dock in ballast. My understanding is they occasionally split loads between Cheboygan and Calcite

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The tanker Michigan/Great Lakes left Cheboygan for Green Bay yesterday. Do they take fuel out of Cheboygan to deliver to Green Bay or the opposite?
Opposite. They load in Green Bay.

Unread post by Guest »

Maybe dropping partial load at each port?

Michigan/Great Lakes

Unread post by Guest »

The tanker Michigan/Great Lakes left Cheboygan for Green Bay yesterday. Do they take fuel out of Cheboygan to deliver to Green Bay or the opposite?