Stephanie Dann

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
tugboathunter

Re: Stephanie Dann

Unread post by tugboathunter »

Stephanie Dann only came up with one barge, and was the lead tug. Molly M. I was on the stern. The Radium Barges came up a day or two later with the tugs M.R. Kane and Radium Yellowknife, with different equipment for a different port.
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

Guest wrote:When Stephanie Dann transitted the Welland Canal upbound, she was the rear tug which had 3 Radium barges loaded with equipment . is she only returning down the Seaway with 1 barge on this voyage?
I'm pretty certain you got two different tows mixed up. Stephanie Dann came up the Seaway with the barge JMC 180 and was assisted through the Welland by the Nadro tug Molly M1. I believe their destination was Detroit.

The Radium Yellowknife pushed 3 barges of turbine components through the Welland assisted by the Nadro tug M.R. Kane. Destination was the power plant near Kincardine, Ont.
See photos on this page:
http://www.boatnerd.com/news/newsthumbs ... s_1706.htm

Unread post by Guest »

When Stephanie Dann transitted the Welland Canal upbound, she was the rear tug which had 3 Radium barges loaded with equipment .... is she only returning down the Seaway with 1 barge on this voyage?

Unread post by Guest »

An empty barge. She unloaded in Detroit.
jp

Stephanie Dann

Unread post by jp »

Anyone know what tug Stephanie Dann is talking to Morgan City ,La. ?