Lay ups LLT ASC

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Brian Ferguson

Re: Lay ups LLT ASC

Unread post by Brian Ferguson »

Chief wrote:If I was on a ship and the doors were out of alignment when you put the boom over I would be packing my bags and headed for the dock. Sounds like something is amiss someplace. As for the McKee Sons I heard that she is in need of some serious steel wok that would cost more then the hulk is worth.
Yeah, Like I said it was something I heard from a guy I sailed with and you know what they say about sea stories.....
Chief

Unread post by Chief »

If I was on a ship and the doors were out of alignment when you put the boom over I would be packing my bags and headed for the dock. Sounds like something is amiss someplace. As for the McKee Sons I heard that she is in need of some serious steel wok that would cost more then the hulk is worth.
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

Mississagi is not laid up. Inbound to Drummond Island this morning.
Brian Ferguson

Lay ups LLT ASC

Unread post by Brian Ferguson »

Is the Mississagi laid up or in for repairs? Also I understand LLT buying the Ashtabula/Defiance and parking the leased McKee Sons, and Great Lakes Fleet parking the Munson and running the Republic (GR has a similar capacity and probably cheaper to run even with a charter payment), but why is ASC letting the Cornelius and Boland sit while they charter the Lakes Contender? I know the Cornelius has quirks, (One mate I sailed with told me whatever side the boom was over all the doors on that side would stick.) but it seems like it would be cheaper to run the Boland than charter the Lakes Contender. They're probably able to run 10 less crewmen on the barge but I don't really see where they're gaining/saving anything leasing her.