Cozy Corners Tavern and Grill

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)

Re: Cozy Corners Tavern and Grill

Unread post by Guest »

The Cozy Corner, there is or was a Bar and Grill called the Cozy corner in Ogdensburg NY.
Carnivore

Unread post by Carnivore »

Thanks for the info Ohio Bob! I clicked on The Cozy Corners link below and checked out their menu. Not sure I could finish the Moose Burger (even with the aforementioned cardiologist on speed dial), but the menu looks great and this will definitely be a planned stop on my next trip to the U.P.
Ohio Bob

Unread post by Ohio Bob »

Several of the old-time page users created "The Boatnerd Challenge" years ago after discussions on the biggest and best meal eaten at or near a prime Boatnerd venue. The Big C was the first nomination followed shortly by Tony Packo's introduction of the MOAD - The "Mother Of All Dogs". We added requirements such as accompanying fries, shakes or fried pickles and chili. Then other nominations starting coming in. I believe Duluth, Thunder Bay, Marquette and maybe Cheboygen had places and plates nominated. We should have captured it all and created a "check list page" on Boatnerd.

Once the question on Cozy Corners in Barbeau (immediately above the Rock Cut) came in, I had to toss out the Moose Burger. It is MONSTEROUS!! If you survive, the give you a shirt, some other commemorative memorabilia, and the name of a good cardiologist in The Soo.
Carnivore

Unread post by Carnivore »

I must know more about the "Boatnerd Challenge"!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Although I've never had a "Big C or a MOAD at those locations that you listed, there's also the West End Pier as well!" Not sure what they are famous for but, have heard many folks talk about them and No I've never eaten at that one yet either in all of my travels to the Soo. I've eaten at Clyde's a few times but have never tried one of their Big C burgers yet! Have never been down either to see the Cozy Corners as well. Looks like someday I may have to give a few of these places a try if and when I ever make it back up there to the Soo again. Thanks for the tips on those places Ohio Bob!
Ohio Bob

Unread post by Ohio Bob »

Cozy's is a great place to kick back, enjoy some good food and watch the downbounds heading into the Rock Cut. I'd like to nominate "The Moose Burger" as the Barbeau component of the Boatnerd Challenge. A Big C in the Soo. A MOAD in Toledo, A Moose Burger in Barbeau. I know there were others...

Unread post by Guest »

Boatnerd is listed on their links page, good sign!

Unread post by Guest »

There's a clue on their website:

"Enjoy our Saint Mary's River waterfront freighter views!"

http://www.cozycornersbarbeau.com/

The coordinates given on their website appear to be a little off, they're actually closer to N46 17.317, W84 13.290

They have an outside deck facing the river.

Cozy Corners Tavern and Grill

Unread post by Guest »

On Google maps it appears there is a place called Cozy Corners Tavern and Grill right at the Rock Cut on the St. Mary's River

Anyone ever been to it? Is it still there? Good place to boatwatch? Good food?

Thanks!