Denny does it yet again!

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Denny

Re: Denny does it yet again!

Unread post by Denny »

Yup and I got two jokers and trump cards in the deck Guest to do you two better on. How about Winter Blues and Winter Blahs as that about describes the winter months and seasons for us all here!

Unread post by guest »

you could always use Winter Woes, if you decided to do winter.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

You’re right on the money there Marc. I use 1013 also as part of my address but, most probably don’t think about it this way as the number at least could mean for the Paul R. Tregurtha or the fact that there is 13 of the 1,000 footers that sail the lakes or else the Tregurtha is in fact of course the largest of them all and the current Queen of the Lakes so it depends on the person’s point of view you could say. But to answer your question, Yes the 1,013 is indeed the length of the Tregurtha.
MarcE

Unread post by MarcE »

Thank you Denny for the honor! 1013? Isn't that the length of the Tregurtha?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well the votes are now in and been casted. Thanks to Marc as well for his suggestions we now have a winner. By a vote of 1,013 and a little bit more if you will folks, it is now official. With full credit given to Marc fot his idea and suggestion and again thanks a million for that great idea we now have and give you all “Summer Fury” to add to the the other two titles of Autumn Thunder and Spring Hunger. As for the Winter season, No need for that one folks as I’m always done boatwatching for the season in November. It was just Spring, Summer and Fall were all that I needed for river titles and now I got three meaningful, forceful along with powerful names. Again, kudos and full thanks and credit go out to Marc for his awesome and excellent suggestion of Summer Fury as I could not have done it without your help, suggestion and advice!
MarcE

Unread post by MarcE »

My French is a little rusty, sorry for the misspelling
MarcE

Unread post by MarcE »

Lesse les bon tong roulette!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Good call and choice Mark but, make it for the Summer months as I already have the Fall one down hence the term and name which I came up with last year of Autumn Thunder for Fall. The Spring one I just came up with that name just recently will be Spring Hunger. However, I do like your Fury name pick and we may have a winner and if we decide to choose that name, you of course will be given full credit Mark! Thanks again for your suggestion on the name. I think we may be have it now!
MarcE

Unread post by MarcE »

Fall Fury
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Again I say thanks for the suggestion EJB but have to come up with a stronger, forceful and meaningful saying as I need a close one to maybe to match Autumn Thunder and Spring Hunger. I am still working on trying to come up with names myself but it is sure is not an easy one. Thanks for the suggestion though.
E J B

Unread post by E J B »

Summer Thumpin'
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Sorry to say that's not quite the answer and what we are looking for at the moment. Gotta come up with something bigger, stronger and more forceful than that. Personally, I like fire, flames and fury in my titles somehow to match up with Summer. However, I just don't like to use Summer Fire and Summer Flames along with the word Inferno in with Summer if folks know where I am going here? It just doesn't sound right to me IMO since Summer is the hottest time of the year and lots of forest fires and stuff! I don't like to use the term heat either so that's where it gets complicated. Again I sort of like fury and like I told Howard Sprague once right now I am leaning on Summer Lightning but again this name is temporary unless I decide to make it a permanent fix. Still you can't put down the Autumn Thunder and Spring Hunger names as it just seems to roll with the times. Just have to keep trying and coming up with some names somehow and way. At least we still got time to do it!
RCRVRP

Unread post by RCRVRP »

Summer hummin?
Just hummin along singing their song.
The boats are just doing their thing, moving freight.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Hi Howard and thanks for your wonderful and kind encouraging words and comments as they are always appreciated. I’m glad to hear that you liked my slogan “Spring Hunger” for my Spring Shipping Season as I especially like the title. I think I came up with it from watching one of the Rocky movies the fifth to be exact as Rocky asks Tommy Gunn the fighter at one point “Are you hungry?” So after hear that question that’s where I sort of came up with Spring Hunger to match Autumn Thunder. As both sound close together and sort of rhymes if you see and get my point. The summer slogan is a hard one as right now I temporarily got Summer Lightning as to the closest that I can come up with right now subject to change of course. However, both Autumn Thunder along with Spring Hunger are definitely here to stay. This year’s Autumn Thunder though as been a struggle thanks in part due to the rainy fall weather pattern and the fact that I’ve had a few slow days out on the water so far. The Soo vacation in August was a big help and lift for me this year. Oh by the way, YES I’ve seen the Big Paul now twice this year with once on the river in St. Clair and the other at Mission Point and the Soo Locks as well. I even got Captain Bob to blow a salute at Mission Point on the Anniversay of my Mom’s passing which was very nice and special as that really made my day and helped with dealing with my Mom’s passing. Today’s river trip was my 450th and now we’re at 50 to go as far as getting my 500th Trip. I don’t look for that to happen for at least two more years in all likelihood. For now I’m just enjoying this year though.
Howard Sprague

Unread post by Howard Sprague »

That certainly is great news Denny, my friend, and I am so happy that you came up with an awesome slogan for your spring season at the river. It is so fitting because after the long Michigan winter we are all ready for the warm weather and our beloved lakeboats to start running, leaving us endless possibilities for photography and simply watching. There is nothing like the sight of the mighty Paul R. Tregurtha passing by! Sorry to ramble on here.
Denny

Denny does it yet again!

Unread post by Denny »

Okay for all you boatnerds out there that read my posts and anything else I send in for that matter. Last season during my 25th anniversary season on the St. Clair River, I needed a strong catch phrase to go with my fall season startup in September. After doing much thinking about it I finally settled on “Autumn Thunder” which got a huge applause along with approval from many family, friends and boatnerds alike. Then I had to find nicknames for Spring and Summer. I had some names picked but did not make them official in case I decided to change them or wasn’t happy or satisfied with them. Well again after spending considerable amounts of time on this, I have the ultimate answer and now we’ve added a new one for the Spring season. After a majority vote with no negative votes, I now officially give you all and if you thought that my Autumn Thunder was great and catchy how about “Spring Hunger!” During the Spring season, Spring Hunger will be addopted and used by me to describe my hunger for getting back out to the river in the Spring and see many boats and get back to work and the action after enduring the long winters. So, now we have Autumn Thunder for the fall season and in the spring season we now have Spring Hunger. Now all I need is a good strong name for Summer. Surely if I think about it long enough, that I will come up with something. For now though at least many like my two names Autumn Thunder and Spring Hunger and hope you all agree and like the names as well. In 2019, I plan to officially begin and christen Spring Hunger for the first time. Can’t wait on that to start up!