Garbear

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Ted Knack

Re: Garbear

Unread post by Ted Knack »

Garbear, Its nice to know you are doing the Port reports for Two Harbors and Silver Bay. I,ve been camping at Two Harbors for 45 years.I have met some good friends we see at Judys ,and now have a relative who lives there. Im a steam nut and always chase the Steam Train when it runs. We also prefer the old Lakers.Yes I have dibetis too and its tuff to keep it under control . Good luck on your health and some time we might run into you. I also have a 80 hp Case steam engine .And that's how I met a lot of the Steam Locomotive engineers at Two Harbors. Thanks for doing the reports.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Thanks again for your concern. It's appreciated. Gary.
Jon Paul

Unread post by Jon Paul »

garbear wrote:
Jon Paul wrote:I don't normally follow the Regional Discussion Board but thought this would be the place to ask about Garbear. I haven't seen any posts of his on the Info Search page and was concerned about his health and well being?
Hi, Jon Paul. My Two Harbors/Silver Bay Port Report has been keeping me busy, plus my diabetes has been no friend the past few months. Not doing great, but doing okay. Thanks for asking. I appreciate your concern. Gary.

I didn't know your name and so I wasn't aware you did the Two Harbors/Silver Bay Reports. Good job on those, thank you for posting the info and take care !
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

After reading and hearing about concerns for Garbear, I too would like to weigh in with my comments and concerns if I may? Glad to see and hear ‘Ole’ Friend that you’re doing well. I can sympathize with you on your diabetes though. While not one for publicly discussing health here, I too have diabetes and have had for nearly ten years. While I won’t go into details as this is not the place or time to discuss that, believe me as I know how difficult dealing with such a serious health issue can be as it ran in my family as both my parents had it. I’m so thankful garbear for what I have today in life as far as family and friends and neighbors. Thanks for everything you do here with your reports for boatnerd and I can understand how challenging those Port Reports can be as I myself spend my own fair share of time on various websites and have missed a lot of information but, thanks to volunteers like yourself and others at least we still keep updated somehow. Garbear, please listen to what the doctors tell you on your health and follow up on what they tell you as it’s important especially when your health has serious issues that must be dealt with. If you need a break here and from your Port Reporting, believe me we all understand as that’s why I’ve taken a few steps back from reporting myself. That’s also why I didn’t make it to the river but only 3 times is all in 2016 as I just needed a break. Sometimes you just need to step back, relax and gather yourself. Sorry to ramble on here. Garbear please take good care of yourself and Happy Holidays as well.
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

I see he's doing the Two Harbors/Silver Bay reports.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Jon Paul wrote:I don't normally follow the Regional Discussion Board but thought this would be the place to ask about Garbear. I haven't seen any posts of his on the Info Search page and was concerned about his health and well being?
Hi, Jon Paul. My Two Harbors/Silver Bay Port Report has been keeping me busy, plus my diabetes has been no friend the past few months. Not doing great, but doing okay. Thanks for asking. I appreciate your concern. Gary.
Jon Paul

Garbear

Unread post by Jon Paul »

I don't normally follow the Regional Discussion Board but thought this would be the place to ask about Garbear. I haven't seen any posts of his on the Info Search page and was concerned about his health and well being?