Ship Photographer Inquiry

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
MarcD

Re: Ship Photographer Inquiry

Unread post by MarcD »

Milton J Brown form the Cleveland, OH., now deceased.

Unread post by Guest »

Thanks!
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Guest wrote:In going through some of my photographs I came across many by the following photographers and was wondering if anyone had any background information on them as the boat watching hobby is a tight-knit community. The photographers in question are John Vournakis and the other is M. J. Brown. The latter also appears to be a collector of photographs.
This is from the Know Your Ships site.

John Vournakis
A Sault Ste. Marie native, John is retired after a long Great Lakes career sailing for the U.S. Steel fleet, where his job as watchman provided an enviable vantage point for marine photography. He is a well-known Great Lakes marine photographer and historian as well as a long-time member of the Marine Historical Society of Detroit and the Great Lakes Maritime Institute.

Ship Photographer Inquiry

Unread post by Guest »

In going through some of my photographs I came across many by the following photographers and was wondering if anyone had any background information on them as the boat watching hobby is a tight-knit community. The photographers in question are John Vournakis and the other is M. J. Brown. The latter also appears to be a collector of photographs.