Port report and news page

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Mn bob

Re: Port report and news page

Unread post by Mn bob »

I wasn’t complaining about port reports I just merely was wondering if I was the only one experiencing problems with the page. I am more than grateful for all the volunteers that take time each and every day to make boatnerds happen. A big thank you goes out to all the volunteers from me. I have enjoyed boatnerds for many many years and hope to be able to enjoy it for many years to come!
Paul A

Unread post by Paul A »

Keep up the good work Joshua! New format is a learning curve and we all appreciate your work! Thanks!
Joshua

Unread post by Joshua »

Hi everyone, this is Joshua from Port Reports. Thank you for the feedback!
Mn bob wrote: August 31, 2022, 2:46 pm Are they still trying to fix the port report page? I’m getting some sporadic interference when I scroll down to read the page. It has a Green Bay posting pasted on the page so you can’t read the whole page. Also has some sort of ship passage blocking the page. Is anybody else having this same problem?
As Denny noted, the Green Bay and Hamilton inserts are simply a way for us to expand our current coverage of ports for which we do not have daily write-ups! These are online schedules put together by each port's respective port authority and appear in the Port Reports as an inline frame - essentially, a webpage within a webpage. I moved both of these features to a separate section at the bottom of the page going forward for ease of access and included a little description of how to navigate them. It can be a bit tricky to scroll down, especially on mobile devices, so hopefully this will help!
hugh3 wrote: August 31, 2022, 4:56 pm I've noticed that posts made a week or so back seem to disappear when you come back to leave a response.
While I am not overly familiar with this issue, it may be due to some other glitches in the server that our team is still trying to work out. Thanks for letting us know! We sincerely appreciate your patience.

And thanks for the kind words, Denny! Much appreciated, and thanks for reading. 🙂
hugh3

Unread post by hugh3 »

I've noticed that posts made a week or so back seem to disappear when you come back to leave a response.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

They Green Bay thing that you mention is there for me along with Hamilton as well when you scroll down the page. I think they did that so boatnerds like us can track arrivals and stuff from Green Bay and Hamilton. I don’t mind it as much and I’m okay with them doing that. I’d say keep up the good job on the Port Reports Joshua and the Boatnerd team and thanks as well! As for the photos and picture galleries, please be patient and give them a chance to work on them as I’m sure they’re doing their best to bring them back for us. Just have to be patient and wait. Remember, good things come to those who wait!
Mn bob

Port report and news page

Unread post by Mn bob »

Are they still trying to fix the port report page? I’m getting some sporadic interference when I scroll down to read the page. It has a Green Bay posting pasted on the page so you can’t read the whole page. Also has some sort of ship passage blocking the page. Is anybody else having this same problem?