CSL at Sarnia

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: CSL at Sarnia

Unread post by Denny »

I just hope that just the Frontenac and CSL Tadoussac are the only two from CSL that are effected by this. Granted I hate to see any boat go the wall early in the season due to labor disputes and problems but, at least I got to see them both before this all came about. Among the CSL boats that I have yet to see there is the Atlantic Huron, CSL Assiniboine, CSL Laurentien, CSL Niagara, Pineglen, Rt. Hon. Paul J. Martin and the Salarium. The Pineglen may end up laying up in Toronto after she unloads in Montreal?

Unread post by Guest »

My guess, based on their last labour dispute, is this could be a long one. US Steel has been adamant about lowering labour costs, steel production is still recovering and they have plenty of capacity in the US to deal with current demand. I hope I'm wrong.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks gentleman for your report and updates as I appreciate it very much. Any word or talks of how long each of them will be in for lay-up in Sarnia? Luckily for me I got see them both earlier in the month before they went into lay-up. One final question and that is are any more CSL vessels slated for layup at least up in Sarnia due to the USS/Nanticoke situation? Thanks You for any information you may have.
MarcD

Unread post by MarcD »

Frontenac alongside the Tadoussac.
TWilush

Unread post by TWilush »

Frontenac and Tadoussac in temporary layup due to lack of cargoes owing to the US Steel Nanticoke shut down.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

CSL Tadoussac was there on Saturday when I was up there in the Port Huron area. What is the other CSL ship that is up there right now? I saw the Baie St. Paul and the Atlantic Erie both pass by there on Saturday and neither of them stopped in Sarnia at the North Slip. Could the other one be the Rt. Hon. Paul J. Martin?
pcolachap

CSL at Sarnia

Unread post by pcolachap »

There are two CSL vessels in the North slip at Sarnia. Are these temporary layups or in for repairs? Mike