Vessel Solina

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Vessel Solina

Unread post by Guest »

Thank you so much for the information! Now I understand why she has been anchored there for over a week.
tugboathunter

Unread post by tugboathunter »

Not really unusual. Salties will often spend quite awhile at anchor waiting for orders, a grain cargo to open up, or even dock space.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

There are several reasons for her to be anchored off of Duluth for that length of time. She may be waiting for a possible grain load to come into Duluth-Superior. They may be also waiting on orders from their company headquarters in Poland. Also if memory serves me correctly, salties have to be inspected I think before they can begin loading grain cargoes. So, they could be waiting to get an inspection done before loading. Also, sometimes inspectors may not let a ship load right away due to certain issues. These are just some of the reasons for them anchoring for any given length of time. There may be other reasons but, these are some of them.

Vessel Solina

Unread post by Guest »

There has been a vessel labeled " Solina" anchored off of the Duluth/Superior harbor since last Saturday. Why is she there that long? Isn't this a bit unusual?
Thank you in advance for any answers!