Everlast

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
garbear

Re: Everlast

Unread post by garbear »

middlerouge wrote:Thanks for the input. Does this trip happen often
Article in the Manistee News Advocate states that this is the only scheduled trip of the season.
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

Same facility but I don't know if Rieth Riley has any stake in the ownership anymore. When they ran it, it was under the American Materials LLC name.

Interstate Asphalt appears to be a Florida- based company incorporated in Delaware, while Rieth Riley is an employee-owned company based in Indiana. Even if there is no ownership stake, Rieth Riley is likely a major customer. Interstate Asphalt built a new (rail served) terminal in Lansing, MI a few years ago, and it is right next door to Rieth Riley's Lansing plant.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

guest wrote:I get the impression that Interstate Asphalt, which runs the terminal, shops around for transportation. They can unload from barges, rail cars and big Michigan trucks. Hannah used to go there now and then, but I don't recall Andrie unloading there.

http://www.interstateasphalt.com/home.htm
Is that the Reith-Riley Construction Company facility?
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

middlerouge wrote:Thanks for the input. Does this trip happen often
Manistee Municipal Marina Facebook page shows the Everlast arriving at 6:00 a.m. today. Also has a picture of it in the River Channel.

Unread post by guest »

I get the impression that Interstate Asphalt, which runs the terminal, shops around for transportation. They can unload from barges, rail cars and big Michigan trucks. Hannah used to go there now and then, but I don't recall Andrie unloading there.

http://www.interstateasphalt.com/home.htm
middlerouge

Unread post by middlerouge »

Thanks for the input. Does this trip happen often

Unread post by guest »

Everlast/Norman McLeod delivered a load of asphalt to Manistee last December 7th.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

middlerouge wrote:She recently went through gray reef passage. Where is she going and is this a first?
I could guess she was going to Manistee. Just a guess, but she has hauled liquid asphalt into Manistee in the past.
The gray's reef passage isn't unusual. Downboat boats going to ports in western Michigan will take that route on occasion.
middlerouge

Everlast

Unread post by middlerouge »

She recently went through gray reef passage. Where is she going and is this a first?