Capt Henry Jackman Underway

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Capt Henry Jackman Underway

Unread post by Denny »

Update to the Jackman’s progress. Per Boatnerd AIS Map right now as I type this at 4:45 p.m. on July 7 they are upbound on Lake Erie and also near Cleveland at this time and off of there. All things considered and with no delays, they should make it to Detroit sometime this evening and transit the Detroit River tonight along with the St. Clair River also. Will probably be on the St. Clair River overnight and be in Port Huron at Pre-Dawn or about Daybreak tomorrow maybe? I see too Weather is not good forecast wise with rain, showers and storms expected. Bring your umbrellas if your planning on trying to see and catch her up here!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The Jackman has departed from Hamilton and are now as I type this at 1:50 a.m. on July 7, 2021 in the Welland Canal now heading upbound for Thunder Bay. They are presently up at Lock 6 West now and should be out at Lock 8 by about daybreak give or take on July 7. I am thinking that they probably will not reach Detroit and the Detroit River area until probably late night on July 7 or early morning of July 8. Might possibly be passing up the St. Clair River as a guess maybe July 7 late or else early on July 8? My point is, I am guessing maybe they might pass through Port Huron at daybreak or so on July 8 but just guessing only. At any rate they departed from Hamilton per Marine Traffic at 1731 on July 6, 2021. Port of Hamilton's website also has them departing from there on July 6 at 4:50 p.m. as well. So heads up all boatnerds and get your cameras ready as the new Jackman will soon be heading your way and also to a river and port near you soon. I am anxiously awaiting to see and catch her someday on the St. Clair River even I don't see or get photos of it the first time they pass through the St. Clair River. Looking forward to any photos!
rh

Unread post by rh »

The Jackman is still moored at Hamilton but their AIS now shows destination Thunder Bay ETA 8 July 22:00.
rh

Unread post by rh »

The Jackman is now flagged Canadian and just cleared Cote Ste. Catherine Lock upbound. ETA Snell 2108, Eisenhower 2221 and Iroquois 0125.
rh

Unread post by rh »

Jackman now in the St Lawrence near Baie-Comeau.
ETA Montreal now Friday 6/18 at 1700.
rh

Unread post by rh »

Jackman AIS now shows ETA Montreal 18 Jun 13:00 EDT.
rh

Unread post by rh »

The Jackman departed the Panama Canal this morning and is en route but they have not yet updated their AIS destination or ETA.

Unread post by Guest »

guest wrote:Maybe the Algoma Spirit could go under her own to the scrap yard. CSL ran a couple of ships over.
Given her grounding damage from last fall, that's doubtful.

Unread post by guest »

Maybe the Algoma Spirit could go under her own to the scrap yard. CSL ran a couple of ships over.
rh

Unread post by rh »

The Jackman arrived at Panama Canal Pacific Anchorage this morning.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Possibly the Algoma Spirit? There has been talk of her being retired and eventually going to scrap this year at some point. I would look once the new Jackman arrives here from China, the Algoma Spirit will then depart under tow to Turkey and scrap most likely.

Unread post by Guest »

What will she be replacing?

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote:For those that may be interested. You can also look and check out on the News Page a story that I sent to Boatnerd and had them do as far as the Jackman departing from China. I had also mentioned to them and had asked "If I could be an editor or at least have some sort of credit on a future write up on them sort of like what is on the Fleet History Gallery Page." If anyone looks you will find that under the Algoma Intrepid, I have been given credit and also mentions me as doing the write up history on them. So far I've only seen the Intrepid in lay-up in Sarnia and have yet to see them so far on the St. Clair River. I'm hoping beyond hope to get lucky and see both the Intrepid and the new Jackman both on the river this year and especially hoping to see the Jackman make its first trip up the St. Clair River in 2021 so long as its daylight hours and at a good time of the day for me. Got my fingers crossed on that!
Cool!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

For those that may be interested. You can also look and check out on the News Page a story that I sent to Boatnerd and had them do as far as the Jackman departing from China. I had also mentioned to them and had asked "If I could be an editor or at least have some sort of credit on a future write up on them sort of like what is on the Fleet History Gallery Page." If anyone looks you will find that under the Algoma Intrepid, I have been given credit and also mentions me as doing the write up history on them. So far I've only seen the Intrepid in lay-up in Sarnia and have yet to see them so far on the St. Clair River. I'm hoping beyond hope to get lucky and see both the Intrepid and the new Jackman both on the river this year and especially hoping to see the Jackman make its first trip up the St. Clair River in 2021 so long as its daylight hours and at a good time of the day for me. Got my fingers crossed on that!

Capt Henry Jackman Underway

Unread post by Guest »

AIS for Capt. Henry Jackman, Algoma’s newest Equinox 3.0 vessel. AIS updated at 2am on the 28th or 2pm local time to PH,BTG. (Philippines) she in now currently underway with a subsequent departure around 0030 or 1230 local time on April 29th

I imagine she will be taking on fuel, stores and probably a transit cargo that’s typically meant for increased stability to make the Trans-Pacific crossing.

The last update included an expected departure date of mid April with expected arrival of late June and subsequently put into service in the Canadian fleet. I expect mid July - August we will see her flagged Canadian in Montreal.