AIS map update...auto or manual

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: AIS map update...auto or manual

Unread post by Guest »

It will reload every 10 minutes, where are you located do you host a receiver?

Unread post by Guest »

Thank you, sir. I overlooked that entry in the faq.

Have a great day !

Jim
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

From what I understand, the screens refresh every ten minutes, or every time you access the screen. I think refreshing more often would cause server issues for the system and most people are manually refreshing (by accessing a new screen) more often than that.

So I think it will be fine on its one, just a few minutes behind. Although, like any computer program, there are bound to be times when it locks up.

I think Boatnerd has, or used to have, its own public monitors in a few places like the Holiday Inn Express in Sault St. Marie. Those were stand alone monitors that no one touched.
Attachments
ais2.jpg

Unread post by Guest »

Let me clarify what I'm looing for regarding the BoatNerd map display...

I'm running a multi-monitor system, and am displaying the map, showing all vessel locations, to a large screen tv in my shop.

Does this map periodically refresh itself, and, update the vessel positions that are being shown on the chart/map?

I'm hoping that I can just dedicate the map display to the large screen tv, and watch the progress of the vessels, without having to manually refresh the screen.

thanks...

AIS map update...auto or manual

Unread post by Guest »

When displaying the map showing vessel position, does the map update automatically, or is it a manual process?

Thanks....