Alvin C. Clark

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Jared

Re: Alvin C. Clark

Unread post by Jared »

Rob wrote:Thanks so much! Very interesting. Maybe it would have been impossible and I'm being naive, but it would have been great if that thing could have been reconstructed to sail again after so long on the bottom, much like the brig Niagara. Such a loss.
There's plenty of these old wind wagons on the bottom. They were not built very well and not all that different from on another. The Denis Sullivan functions the same exact way (when not using her backup diesel). Niagara isn't the same boat that came out of Lake Erie. What original parts were left were cut out in the 1930s.
Rob

Unread post by Rob »

Thanks so much! Very interesting. Maybe it would have been impossible and I'm being naive, but it would have been great if that thing could have been reconstructed to sail again after so long on the bottom, much like the brig Niagara. Such a loss.
Jared

Unread post by Jared »

802fbflum3fb1e5b-lg_.jpg
Circa 1983 I believe
Rob

Alvin C. Clark

Unread post by Rob »

Does anyone have a photograph of the Alvin C. Clark deteriorating out of water in one of the greater sins against great lakes history?