Algoma Sault to Grande Anse

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
badger

Re: Algoma Sault to Grande Anse

Unread post by badger »

Its on the saguenay river in quebec, not an island near newfoundland, there also is a mine nearby.

Mod Note: It appears badger tried to add a youtube link, but it did not come through. Perhaps it was to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9lGT74ck0w

Unread post by Guest »

Is Grande Anse an island off of Newfoundland? I just Google mapped that name and came up with a small island South of Newfoundland. There does not appear to be a commercial dock there. Would someone expand on this port I have never heard of? Thank you!
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

The Radcliffe Latimer just took a load of pellets from BNSF for Grande Anse.

Unread post by Guest »

Grande Anse from what I understand is being used as a transshipment point for the movement of iron ore to Asia. A few years ago, Blackrock Metals built a mine in Chibougamau, PQ that extracted and concentrated, iron ore, vanadium and titanium for Asian markets.

Algoma Sault to Grande Anse

Unread post by Guest »

It sounds like she is headed to Grande Anse with iron ore pellets. I don’t believe I have seen any Ore shipments go from Duluth/Superior to Grande Anse. Does anyone know the story behind this?