Sturgeon Bay Activity

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Shipwatcher News

Re: Sturgeon Bay Activity

Unread post by Shipwatcher News »

I thought they only ever usually do one christening ceremony. I can't imagine it is very cheap to put on an event such as that. I am also not sure the reason to need to host two christening ceremonies.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Sort of figured that Roger but, thought too that they may have one at Sturgeon Bay as well.
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

I understand the christening will be in Cleveland.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

This is going off subject sorry to say but, When do they plan to paint the hull and the name? I know the name is already on there but it hasn’t been fully painted yet! I’m looking forward to seeing the vessel and photos once it’s painted. I know this is off subject sorry but, I got a few other things to ask on the new Barker. First, will they christen it then at Sturgeon Bay or Cleveland? I can see them doing it twice but, I would also see them doing a run first just to load something for Cleveland or a port near there and from then have a Christening while it’s at Cleveland then. The event I’m most looking forward to is when for the very first time, it meets and passes the PRT along with the JRB and the KEB all for the very first time on the rivers. Can’t wait for that and to see photos and video of that one! That will surely draw fan interest for sure then.
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

Set the stack of the Mark Barker, the new vessel under construction at the yard, not the Munson. So, being a new ship, it has never had a stack on it before.
Darryl

Unread post by Darryl »

By set the stack, I presume it had been taken off for possible engine work- Or I am wondering if there was some changes going on to the stack itself-
Bob+

Sturgeon Bay Activity

Unread post by Bob+ »

On Thursday evening around 1900 hrs, the John Munson backed out of berth 7 and left Bay Ship and headed toward the bay of Green Bay. Also on Thursday afternoon yard crews set the stack on the Mark Barker.