American Spirit

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Jon Paul

Re: American Spirit

Unread post by Jon Paul »

Guest wrote:Burns Harbor
Thank you and its showing on boatnerd ais now up bound off Sturgeon Bay.
Its interesting with the discussion ongoing about ASC's future that the AS has shown its versatility by servicing many of Cliffs needs over the past season.

Unread post by Guest »

Burns Harbor
Bob

Unread post by Bob »

I’m sure they are heading to Duluth from calcite.
Jon Paul

The American Spirit loaded stone in Calcite and I can't find them on boatnerd AIS.
Any update on where it is going would be appreciated. TIA
Jon Paul

Its rather funny that today at 16:06 I crossed that Mackinac Bridge northbound and the winds were in excess of 40mph and the American Spirit was passing eastbound right under the bridge lol.
On my return trip to Mackinaw City winds on the bridge are gusting 50moh plus from the WNW at 19:25
Dawn

Unread post by Dawn »

If the inquiry is for only American Spirit, I can't answer but I know LAT took two loads of taconite from Marquette to Indiana Harbor, within the past two months.
Jon Paul

Thanks for the responses. Last time I saw it on AIS was up bound in the St Mary's and at the time their AIS read Marquette.
I have been trying to keep track of the ASC footers that Cliffs have been using and where they are loading and going
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

She didn't load in Two Harbors. It was either Superior or Duluth.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I thought they may have loaded in Two Harbors?

Unread post by Guest »

They didn’t load in marquette this last trip. I believe it was two harbors that they loaded at but not 100 percent sure.
Jon Paul

American Spirit

Did I miss something? American Spirit appeared to have loaded in Marquette and instead of delivering to Toledo-Torco as in the past they went to Indiana Harbor. Is this the first time a load from Marquette went to IH this year?