H lee white

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: H lee white

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I saw the H lee white was backed into the ballet 8 slip in Superior unloading what looked to be stone. The last time I saw a ship backed in that slip was the Walter I McCarthy during layup back in I think 2007/2008 when it hit an underwater obstruction and holed the hull and settled to the bottom of the slip. My question is did they remove that underwater obstruction? I would think the white being loaded would sit a lot lower in the water than the McCarthy did pumped out and ready for layup.
Alot of boats have unloaded in that slip over the years. Good bet the obstruction is gone.

H lee white

Unread post by Guest »

I saw the H lee white was backed into the ballet 8 slip in Superior unloading what looked to be stone. The last time I saw a ship backed in that slip was the Walter I McCarthy during layup back in I think 2007/2008 when it hit an underwater obstruction and holed the hull and settled to the bottom of the slip. My question is did they remove that underwater obstruction? I would think the white being loaded would sit a lot lower in the water than the McCarthy did pumped out and ready for layup.