Largest Boat to Transit the Keweenaw Waterway?

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Largest Boat to Transit the Keweenaw Waterway?

Unread post by guest »

The Reserve transited the waterway, and tied up downtown West of the bridge, waiting the Dock at Silver Bay.

Unread post by Guest »

The Clyde S. VanEnkevort/Erie Trader is still the largest to transit the Waterway.

Unread post by Guest »

JERRY AT DULUTH wrote:i CANNOT GIVE YOU DATES BUT I PERSONALLY KNOW THAT CAPTAIN DUDLEY PAUQETTE TOOK THE RYERSON THROUGH THE CANAL ON MORE THAN ONE ACCASION.
December 2, 1970 was the first time:
Screenshot_20211206-221416_Samsung Internet.jpg
And this from a newspaper article Oct 11, 1974. The date of transit would have been October 9th:
Screenshot_20211206-214501_Samsung Internet.jpg
JERRY AT DULUTH

Unread post by JERRY AT DULUTH »

i CANNOT GIVE YOU DATES BUT I PERSONALLY KNOW THAT CAPTAIN DUDLEY PAUQETTE TOOK THE RYERSON THROUGH THE CANAL ON MORE THAN ONE ACCASION.

Unread post by Guest »

tugboatdonny wrote:Watching the Clyde S VanEnkevort go through the waterway today was impressive, and made me wonder what is the largest vessel to ever go through there?
With that transit the honor has been claimed by the Clyde/Erie Trader.

Prior to this it was the Lee A Tregurtha.
tugboatdonny

Largest Boat to Transit the Keweenaw Waterway?

Unread post by tugboatdonny »

Watching the Clyde S VanEnkevort go through the waterway today was impressive, and made me wonder what is the largest vessel to ever go through there?