Sturgeon Bay Activity

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Sturgeon Bay Activity

Unread post by Guest »

Tug departed last night and is currently berthed in Milwaukee.
Bob+

Unread post by Bob+ »

On Tuesday morning, the tug Albert was removed from the small graving dock and was rafted outboard of the Block.
Guest_SB

Unread post by Guest_SB »

The Herbert C Jackson arrived in the darkness this morning, via the ship canal, and was maneuvered into berth 10 next to the Wilfred Sykes.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The Herbert C. Jackson arrived for Winter Lay-Up in Sturgeon Bay early this morning on January 21st. I think the Joseph L. Block is now the last and final vessel yet to lay-up for the Winter at Sturgeon Bay if I am right and correct on my information? Sorry but I don't know the location and the berth that the Jackson went to and docked at for Winter Lay-Up?
Guest_SB

Yes, American Spirit was berthed today.

Roger Blough and Cason Callaway were moved out to allow the Spirit to be alongside at berth 15.

Unread post by Guest »

In the last 2 hours the American Spirt move from the middle of Sturgeon Bay into a berth.
Guest_SB

The John G Munson arrived at Bay Ship this morning, via the ship canal, and is being assisted into a berth by the Sarter tugs.

The American Spirit is now moving...I guess there must have been a berthing arrangement challenge and the Munson needed to get there first?
Wh87gta

Unread post by Wh87gta »

The American Spirit has been anchored off of the Manitowoc/Two Rivers area since Saturday Jan 15th I believe. Not sure why though.
Guest_SB

It is the busy time...

The Wilfred Sykes arrived this evening via the ship canal. Looks like she backed into berth 10 or 11.
Guest_SB

The John J Boland arrived at Bay Ship this morning via the ship canal.

She is currently being assisted by the Great Lakes tugs Ontario and Hawaii and looks to be berthing outboard of the Alpena. I assume this is not a long term arrangement since the Alpena has been making a lot of steam for the last couple of days...

The American Spirit is heading towards SB which would go on the face or berth 15 I would think. The Sykes is also heading for SB.
Guest_SB

The Joyce L. VanEnkevort/Great Lakes Trader arrived at Bay Ship via the ship canal and are currently being assisted by the Sarter tugs Jimmy L and William C Gaynor to back into berth 2.
Guest_SB

The Mesabi Miner arrived at Bay Ship this morning, coming in through the ship canal, and it currently backing into the large graving dock assisted by the Sarter tugs.
Guest_SB

Sturgeon Bay Activity

The tugs/barges Victory/Maumee and Clyde S. VanEnkevort/Erie Trader arrived today at Bay Ship.

Looks like the Joyce L. VanEnkevort/Great Lakes Trader and the Mesabi Miner and inbound tomorrow.