Frontenac to Owen Sound

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Frontenac to Owen Sound

Unread post by Denny »

The Frontenac arrived in Owen Sound early this morning January 21st for Winter Lay-Up. Sorry but I don't know their location in Owen Sound as far as where they are laid-up at? It may be the West Wall as I think the Algoma Compass is at the East Wall laid-up in Owen Sound presently?

Unread post by Guest »

There was so some ice along the south shore of Lake Michigan, that had thickened up a few days ago, then decreased in thickness as the temperatures went above freezing on Wednesday. But has that ice been a problem for the vessels?

- Brian
ashland69

Unread post by ashland69 »

FRONTENAC is on the move. Something else, INIDANA HARBOR, W. J. MCCARTHY and JOE BLOCK have all been in and around Gary for several days now.

Unread post by Guest »

I think Whitefish bay was originally going to layup in Thunder bay!
Old Sailor

Unread post by Old Sailor »

Frontenac is still anchored off 11& 12.Are they waiting orders out there or a breaker to get them into Owen Sound. Looks like there is still lots of layup space in Sarnia. Any ideas
tugboathunter

Unread post by tugboathunter »

CSL Niagara laid up in Owen Sound in 2013 and the Martin in 2016. So definitely rare but not unheard of. Frontenac was originally to lay up in Midland but her load got switched to the Whitefish Bay. Not sure where she had been originally scheduled for layup.

Unread post by Guest »

According to her AIS, yes.

Unread post by Guest »

Yes, I believe so and if the layup list info is right.

Frontenac to Owen Sound

Unread post by Guest »

Does anyone know if Frontenac is headed to Owen Sound for layup? Her last port was Nanticoke. CSL boats don't typically lay up in Owen Sound.

Thanks.