Alpena

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Lakeport

Re: Alpena

Unread post by Lakeport »

She looks great in the pics in the Port Reports. Always been a favorite of mine.
Custom500

Unread post by Custom500 »

Will do, Denny.

What I'd really like to do is get going right now and be at the dock when she arrives. But with the ice and everything it's too hard to predict an arrival time. I'd love to see how they wiggle into that little slip, because once she's in, it looks impossible to have gotten there.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Yes, the Alpena departed from Alpena early this afternoon headed to Cleveland next and eventual lay up too. They’re due to arrive from their AIS on February 1st sometime. Of course as always, subject to weather and ice conditions as well. If and when you get a chance to see her, can you please post some photos of her and their new paint job here also?
Custom500

There she goes to Cleveland. I assume she'll lay up there. This calls for a day trip so I can examine that new paint job.
Guest_SB

Unread post by Guest_SB »

The Alpena is off the berth at Bay Ship!

The Sarter tugs are pushing the John J Boland onto the berth before, I assume, helping break ice to let the Alpena get out.

Slow motion stuff...but motion.

Unread post by Guest »

Departing Friday afternoon January 28.
Custom500

Yeah. Her ais has been turned on. Maybe she'll try to beat it back to Cleveland.
Portdrydock

Alpena

Unread post by Portdrydock »

Any update on her status?