Port Colborne Lay Ups 2022

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Port Colborne Lay Ups 2022

Unread post by Denny »

Some corrections and updates to the information that I gave and also provided on the Port Colborne Lay-Up list and the vessels that are also there for Winter Lay-Up as well. After watching a few You Tube videos of past Port Colborne Lay-Ups along with looking up past Winter Lay Up lists this now is what I have from the information that I tried to obtain from watching the You Tube videos and also from past Winter Lay Up lists as well. The updated and corrected information on each vessel is listed just below here.

John D. Leitch - Wharf 17 Old Furnace Dock
Algoma Innovator - Wharf 16 R & P Dock also known as Snider Dock
CSL Niagara - Wharf 16 R & P Dock also known as Snider Dock
CSL Tadoussac - Lock 8 - Southeast Wall

Of note, the CSL Niagara and Algoma Innovator are both docked bow to bow to each other or nose to nose whichever you prefer to say and call it. Also, I apologize as I had the wrong and incorrect information for the CSL Niagara and their Lay-Up location. I have updated the correct information on them as shown above in my list. Also, the CSL Niagara lay-up location needs to be updated as well on the Boatnerd Lay-Up list as well. Thank You.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

In doing more backtracking and research I think I may have finally got a few of the Port Colborne Lay-Ups figured out. However, I am also hopeful as well for some assistance and help from anyone as far as confirming if the information that I have come up with is correct or not? This is what I am showing so far for a few of the vessels that are laid-up this winter in Port Colborne with their lay-up berths and docks included.

John D. Leitch - Wharf 17 Old Furnace Dock
Algoma Innovator - Wharf 16 R & P Dock also known as Snider Dock.
CSL Tadoussac - Lock 8 Southeast Wall
CSL Niagara - Lock 8 Southwest Wall

If anyone can help and assistance me and also to let me know if I have the correct information listed above, it would be appreciated and Thanks. If however, my information is incorrect then any help is appreciated.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

In doing a bit more of my own backtracking on previous lay up lists and looking at photos, the John D. Leitch I see is laid-up around give or take by the St. Clair and the IMS Scrapyard. Not sure what Wharf the Leitch is at but, I'm sure somebody I hope has an idea? Also, I'm sure and aware that both the CSL Niagara and CSL Tadoussac are mostly likely laid up above Lock 8 someplace it's just I'm not sure of the Wharfs and their exact location? If anyone has information that they can share and post it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks for that however, sorry to say though that I am not currently a member of the t.m.h.s. nor do I receive their Scanner newsletter also. Once that issue of the Scanner is published though, perhaps maybe then someone that has a copy can post that information here for all to see?

Unread post by guest »

if your a member of t.m.h.s. it will be in the feb scanner
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Could someone please post and provide a list of vessels and locations of the ships that are in Port Colborne for Winter Lay Up right now? Thanks.
Denny

Port Colborne Lay Ups 2022

Unread post by Denny »

In viewing the Lay Up list on boatnerd, there are I think at least five ships that I am aware of wintering in Port Colborne. I see they are the John D. Leitch, Algoma Innovator, Cuyahoga, CSL Niagara and the CSL Tadoussac. The layup list shows and mentions the Algoma Innovator and Cuyahoga and their layup docks and locations. However, it does not list or show just where the John D. Leitch along with the CSL Niagara and CSL Tadoussac are located at? If someone can please help with this it would very much be appreciated and thanks. Also hope I got all that are laid up there and Yes I know the St. Clair is there too waiting to be scrapped as well.