H. Lee White questions

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: H. Lee White questions

Unread post by Denny »

The H. Lee White arrived this morning in Toledo for Winter Lay Up as I’ve been following and tracking them on the boatnerd AIS map. They are now moored and berth out at the Lakefront Dock area but in details I am showing and seeing them moored across from the main Torco slip where the iron ore pellets are unloaded and discharged at. Not sure of the proper dock name but I say you call it “West or East Wall of Torco Slip #2 as far as where they are at now at the Inner or Outer end.” If anyone has or knows more information on the White’s lay up location along with their dock and location, please post that information here. A big and huge thanks to Jim B for all of his help in answering my questions here too!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I see that they departed from the Toledo Anchorage this morning after they had arrived there yesterday afternoon. Their AIS is still showing Toledo though as their next destination with an ETA expected tomorrow morning on January 29. I just wonder maybe then if they are just out on Lake Erie doing final cleanout and preparations before arriving in Toledo for Winter Lay-Up then?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks a million Jim B for that update and information. I've wondered what was going on with them and their status lately as I have also been watching them and trying to track them on AIS. It is so weird and odd as sometimes they show up on the AIS maps and sometimes not go figure!
Jim B

Unread post by Jim B »

H Lee White left Mondelez this morning after waiting on the W&LE bridge which apparently won't open at less than 20 degrees. She is now headed out the channel still showing Toledo as an AIS destination.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks a million for that information and updates along with answering my questions on them Jim. That definitely answers my questions on her so far. Can you please post and keep us updated as far as when they complete their unload and then where they go for lay-up next? Thanks. Also and BTW, I know what you mean about the AIS and the Toledo stuff as whenever you go and look at Marine Traffic they definitely screw it up big time for the Toledo stuff on their AIS maps. Not like at least here with the boatnerd AIS map to which I trust and go with than Marine Traffic.
Jim B

Unread post by Jim B »

Then I looked at Boatnerd AIS and she popped up still at Mondelez.
Jim B

Unread post by Jim B »

She loaded wheat at Andersom E and then went out to the mouth of the river, turned around and went back up to Mondelez elevator to unload. I am unsure where she went after or if she is still there. AIS in Toledo allows little insight into up river operations lately.
Denny

H. Lee White questions

Unread post by Denny »

In looking at the AIS maps on both Marine Traffic and also boatnerd, it appears the H. Lee White is at or near the Ironhead Marine Shipyard and the Drydocks there. In an earlier post, Jim B said that they were going to load a grain cargo in Toledo at Andersons "E" Grain Elevator and that they were expected to depart on Monday, January 24. Assuming that this move took place, I figure they probably unloaded their grain cargo at the dock near the Ironhead Shipyard? My questions and sorry for so many are first, are they now laid-up in Toledo? Second, if they are laid-up are they then at the Old Interlake Iron Co. Dock or not? Third, if they are not yet laid-up has anyone heard or know just when they will lay up and also where at? Finally, can anyone confirm if the White did indeed load and unload a grain cargo in Toledo as I am figuring and expected? If there is anyone that has or knows any information and can post and provide it here, it would be appreciated. Thanks.